Harmony Cabin Surprise (not a good one!)

LisaT91403

Amazing, right?

I have this funny vision in my mind...a team of maintenance and guest services people looking high and low in the cabins, feeling along the walls, trying desperately to find a door!

That's very funny! Good for you for pushing this with corporate. Maybe it will inspire them to have all ships checked - it shouldn't be that hard. Just ask the room attendants!

Amazing, right?

I have this funny vision in my mind...a team of maintenance and guest services people looking high and low in the cabins, feeling along the walls, trying desperately to find a door!

A short bit of thread drift: when our current house was built, the workmen putting in the hatch to the attic used an old ladder that had lost the protective boots on the bottom. As a result, they damaged the carpeting that had just been installed. I reported this to the company and received a response saying that the attic opening was in another bedroom and consequently they weren't going to be held responsible for any damage to the carpet. After a couple of irate follow-up phone calls, they finally agreed to send someone to take a look. The smug and somewhat condescending look on the inspector's face rapidly disappeared when he saw that the hatch was not where it was supposed to be but had been installed exactly where I had said it was. End of problem.

So, that missing door may be there somewhere on the ship, just not between the right two cabins! :)

I must say, there are some really mean spirited people posting on this thread. Just because having a connected room would not be a big deal to YOU, doesn't meant this is not a huge deal to OP. As for the suggestion to leave the balcony door open .... really? You think she should leave an 8 year old with unsupervised access to a balcony? I think not.

OP I am so sorry that this happened to your family. Please take the advice of previous posters and make an appointment with the hotel director and get a case number started on this issue. Most people choose connecting cabins for a specific reason, and you just might help the next family who are booking.

I have to agree with you and I'm surprised at some of the replies. If my child was involved in a connecting cabin, no way would I be happy with leaving the balcony dividers open as the solution. In fact I wouldn't even allow an 8 year old on a balcony without me, so I can't even imagine I would be happy with that solution during the night. Even with an adult in the same room, the balcony door would be locked and not left open.

I would be furious if I were the OP.

Edited by mek