Harmony Cabin Surprise (not a good one!)

LisaT91403

We just boarded HOTS. We booked in April, 2015 direct with Royal, as we wanted very specific cabins -- the only pair of connecting JS's on the ship. We have sailed in connecting JS's on Oasis and Allure. Grandma and DS(8) stay in one cabin, DH and I in the other. That way, I can take care of both Grandma and DS.

Imagine our surprise when we entered our connecting JS's today, the ones we've had booked for almost 2 years, and find that they DO NOT connect. No door. If you look in the Royal website at the deck plans, they still show the connecting cabins...as they have for almost 2 years. But they don't connect.

We are crushed. We don't even have a third birth to move our son into if we wanted to. Just don't understand how this can be. They are saying the ship is full, so they can't move us. Crushed.

We just boarded HOTS. We booked in April, 2015 direct with Royal, as we wanted very specific cabins -- the only pair of connecting JS's on the ship. We have sailed in connecting JS's on Oasis and Allure. Grandma and DS(8) stay in one cabin, DH and I in the other. That way, I can take care of both Grandma and DS.

Imagine our surprise when we entered our connecting JS's today, the ones we've had booked for almost 2 years, and find that they DO NOT connect. No door. If you look in the Royal website at the deck plans, they still show the connecting cabins...as they have for almost 2 years. But they don't connect.

We are crushed. We don't even have a third birth to move our son into if we wanted to. Just don't understand how this can be. They are saying the ship is full, so they can't move us. Crushed.

I know it's not what you needed, but just ask for the balcony divider to be opened and you have connecting cabins again.

I know it's not what you needed, but just ask for the balcony divider to be opened and you have connecting cabins again.

Yes, we will do that, but we can't talk to each other when we are getting ready, etc. And going out on the balcony if my son or mother needs me in the middle of the night is not what we want to do (or go into the hallway either).

I realize it's not the end of the world, but when you've been planning for almost 2 years, it's really disappointing. We would absolutely not have booked these cabins if we knew they were not connecting.

I would be unhappy as well....We depend on the deck plans to give us the "correct" information when selecting the cabin that will best fit our personal needs. Yes...you will probably be able to have the divider's open (probably have already had that done by now) but really not the same.

Hopefully this won't impact your enjoyment but it will hang over in your thoughts for the length of your cruise...then take it up with RCI directly when you return home...best of luck.

Just wait until you find out there is no solarium pool!:D

It has been on the plans for years tooo....

4 pools including the Solarium, an adults-only retreat*

*During inclement weather and select hours, the ship may permit the Solarium Pool to be used by persons under age 16 provided they are directly supervised by a parent or guardian.

So you're in 8642 and 8644 as those show as the only two connecting JS.

Where would they move you if there's no other two connecting JS.

There is JS 6648 that connects to superior OV balcony 6650 but that one may be wrong also.

One would think RCI by now must know of this error and still the deckplan on their website is wrong. :confused::mad:

Of course you will still have a good time but that is very disappointing. I would write an email when you get back.

RoyalGuestRelations@rccl.com

mbayley@rccl.com

ayera-rodriguez@rccl.com

I do think you deserve some kind of compensation as this is not the trip you planned (and it is Royal's fault).

Edited by marci22

Of course you will still have a good time but that is very disappointing. I would write an email when you get back.

RoyalGuestRelations@rccl.com

mbayley@rccl.com

ayera-rodriguez@rccl.com

I do think you deserve some kind of compensation as this is not the trip you planned (and it is Royal's fault).

Thanks. I'm trying! It's really not what we planned. My son can't fall asleep with someone else in the room. We always put him to bed, then go into the connecting suite while he falls asleep. It's going to be very challenging.

No luggage yet. No cabin steward yet.

Just wait until you find out there is no solarium pool!:D

It has been on the plans for years tooo....

4 pools including the Solarium, an adults-only retreat*

*During inclement weather and select hours, the ship may permit the Solarium Pool to be used by persons under age 16 provided they are directly supervised by a parent or guardian.

So you're in 8642 and 8644 as those show as the only two connecting JS.

Where would they move you if there's no other two connecting JS.

There is JS 6648 that connects to superior OV balcony 6650 but that one may be wrong also.

One would think RCI by now must know of this error and still the deckplan on their website is wrong. :confused::mad:

For years RCI's website showed Voyager class ships as having covered solariums. The fact that they don't didn't seem to phase RCI in the least.

I would be equally frustrated! You've been looking forward to this vacation for years and booked it with the information that RCI provided themselves. I hope you're able to bring this to their attention for future cruisers, and I hope they compensate you somehow for the misinformation. While not the end of the world, it's certainly not something that RCI should ignore, particularly if it's an issue with information they're providing to guests.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Harmony leaves a lot to be desired in many ways.

So far, I admit it's been challenging. We've cruised a lot. We know how busy Day 1 is. We started asking for a remote control (none in our cabin) when we got to our cabin. We had to ask several people, but still no remote at 11:00. We left a note asking for towels...none were left at turndown. We asked for the balcony partition to be opened, and that also took 3 requests (it happened sometime after 8:00 tonight).

Our stateroom attendant has mentioned several times that it's his first day on this ship, and that's why things aren't getting done. And his supervisor...first day as well.

I'm still hoping things will settle down tomorrow, and things will start going more smoothly.

On the plus side, DS enjoyed AO tonight and dinner at Coastal Kitchen was very good.

Wow, I echo the sentiments of others, very frustrating and disappointing. When RCI's web site isn't even authoritative for information about their own ships, especially the newest ship...who or what can you rely on?? I would be completely incredulous, staring at the part of the cabin wall where there is supposed to be a door...

On a lighter note, it's nothing a cutting torch borrowed from the engineering team on board can't solve ;)

Wow, I echo the sentiments of others, very frustrating and disappointing. When RCI's web site isn't even authoritative for information about their own ships, especially the newest ship...who or what can you rely on?? I would be completely incredulous, staring at the part of the cabin wall where there is supposed to be a door...

On a lighter note, it's nothing a cutting torch borrowed from the engineering team on board can't solve ;)

Funny, because we've been longingly standing by the wall where our door should be. We have also discussed the torch. You've read our minds!

Right now, I'm sitting in a completely dark cabin, hoping my son will eventually fall asleep. Fun times.

Instead of waiting for your cruise is be over to peruse your complaint, I would recommend that you request a formal meeting with the head of housekeeping. By doing so you will go on record with RCL as having a problem(s) with the cabin and then you will get a case number that can be used when corresponding with RCL.