Just off Breakaway today...

bsb4273

Things might've changed on the BA, but "real" news pretty difficult to come by, aside from BBC News - CNBC and MSNBC more focused on business & financial market. Choices used to somewhat better, going back 5 to 10 years ago :rolleyes: ESPN still offered - HBO long gone.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/2015%20NCL%20BA/IMG20150322_2130%20%281024x768%29.jpg

Edited by mking8288

Things might've changed on the BA, but "real" news pretty difficult to come by, aside from BBC News - CNBC and MSNBC more focused on business & financial market.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/2015%20NCL%20BA/IMG20150322_2130%20%281024x768%29.jpg

Spot on for CNBC but MSNBC is regular news. They just have a left-leaning bent. Between that and Fox News, there's usually one someone would find tolerable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wondering how it was leaving NYC in the middle of December? Did they have the hot tubs or pool open on day 2? What was the weather like the rest of the cruise? We've always sailed May-September.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Forums mobile app

dec 12 monday sucked. cold and rainy. we went outside and the pools techincally appeared open but i had the poor child dip his hand in the pool to see if it was warm enough to go in if the rain stopped and the answer is no

i searched the official NCL site and they said the pools were heated but they are not.

i dont remember if hot tubs were in use or not

What time would you suggest arriving at the embarkation port? I will be traveling in February with just my kids (11 and 8 and one being autistic). Would prefer not to have to wait outside for check bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Spot on for CNBC but MSNBC is regular news. They just have a left-leaning bent. Between that and Fox News, there's usually one someone would find tolerable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MSNBC's news content was acceptable for us within their scope of coverage, but Fox "News" #cough #cough - last time I watched it, it was worst than one of those late night talk show. Tilted way too much, my bias ... of course. BBC News is international in focus, and for major/late breaking news - the only channel that I count on, also among those in my mobile App collection while traveling.

I still remember the time we've sailing the Mexico route out of San Pedro on the Norwegian Star, the negative tourism news & violence were carried on CNN's feed as we watched one evening from our stateroom ... before we lost the channel due to "technical difficulties". It wasn't long after that, CNN & HBO feeds were permanently off-line, as did Nichelodeon, after the Cartoon channels - from NCL, until further notice / unlikely to return any time soon. For non-news viewing, one can always download content ahead & store it for offline access - but live OTA news feed, not having some choices ... not as easy until one can access land towers & signals.

Did they have the hot tubs or pool open on day 2? [/url]
Both the "regular" pools and hot tubs are supposed to be heated on the Breakaway & the GEM, whether it's sailing out of NYC or from its southern ports & heated/kept at specific temperature.

Even late evening or night, I remember walking by the hot tubs and saw folks enjoying, and stream rising above the water surface when the air is chilly - that's confirmation that the pool is heated to around 98 degree F (whatever the "proper" or optimal temperature setting is.

Put on a windbreaker or fleece jacket, along with the thick beach towel - should be fine for dashing across the deck to dip into the hot tub. Rough seas and windy conditions would prompt the staff to close the outdoors, regardless of what time/month of the year it is - that's happened in September, November, February, March, April & May as we've witnessed it ourselves. Thus far, this is one of the warmer January here in the Northeast U.S.

the kids pool in mid december was NOT heated. i had the poor child dip their hand into the pool during an off/on again rain day . we hoped it would stop to enjoy the pool .

i did not notice if the hot tubs were in use 1st 2 days out of NY. but they were on all the other colder days up till midnight. was great using them with the kids and just asked steward for robes or wrapped us up with towels.