Just off Breakaway today...

bsb4273

Welcome back and thanks for offering!

I do have a couple of random questions if you happen to know the answers...

-In Port Canaveral are there independent shuttles at the pier for Cocoa Beach?

-Is there still priority tendering at GSC for booking clamshells and is that tender assigned when you book onboard?

-What do people generally dress in at Taste and Savor? We will do a couple of "dressy" nights with the kids in Manhattan, but I'm wondering if it's ok at the other two venues for the kids to be in their casual shorts outfits or if we should just plan to hit the buffet or O'Sheehans on the other days.

That's all I can think of for now. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Hi hope you had a great cruise. We just booked for end of Feb. Were is a good bar to go to for sail away? If you went to any specialty restaurants which ones did you like the most? What did you do in Fla.? Thank you for offering to help! :)

-What do people generally dress in at Taste and Savor? We will do a couple of "dressy" nights with the kids in Manhattan, but I'm wondering if it's ok at the other two venues for the kids to be in their casual shorts outfits or if we should just plan to hit the buffet or O'Sheehans on the other days.

Adults can wear shorts in Taste or Savor. Kids can wear shorts anywhere.

"Kids 12 and under are welcome to wear nice shorts in all our restaurants. " - NCL

Edited by Two Wheels Only

"Kids 12 and under are welcome to wear nice shorts in all our restaurants. " - NCL

I'll admit, I didn't search that one. It was just a question that popped in my head when offered to ask any questions! Thank you for looking for me though 😄

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

adults apparently can wear shorts in MDR as well. i saw many last week. also at ocean blue you need pants. however. last time i wore shorts and they said nothing but then i forgot i sat outside.

also in the daily only ocean blue and le bistro are mentioned as pants needed so i believe the shorts in MDR are ok because otherwise why wouldnt that be in the daily?

I booked a tender group as soon as I was on the ship and we were in group A. We arrived at GSC early and they called our group at 8:50. We were on the beach by 9:30. Shorts and casual resort wear is fine anywhere with exception of Cagney' and Ocean Blue where pants and shorts are required.

Just returned home from a 7 night cruise on Breakaway... feel free to ask any questions, etc. I will post a review in a few days.

Looking Forward to your review. Hope you had a great time.

Out last 3 cruises have been with Princess which we enjoyed very much but we always chose our cruises for the itinerary. We will return to Norwegian (Breakaway) for a Baltic cruise in June 2018. Any first hand knowledge and tips about the Breakaway would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.:)

• 4 weeks later...
It will be my first time on the Breakaway in November. I have a few questions.

1.) Are there 24/7 Ice cream machines?

2.) I just got off the Oasis lf the seas recently which didn't have much movement. How is the Breakaway on the movement, can you feel it move?

I'm currently on Breakaway and we have had rough seas since yesterday evening really rocking and rolling.The wind is unbelievable the cabins creak like mad.They are okay when it's smooth but last night hardly got any sleep and I'm in a studio cabin.I have been on Harmony and never felt that move at all.We have had 27knots wind and waves of 16 feet.Should be calmer

tomorrow.The ice cream is 24/7 in the Garden Cafe

Can we bring our own snacks on board in our checked bags? I can't seem to find the answer to this question anywhere.

Thanks, Pat

I don't see a problem with that. The problem sometimes is at an itinerary port where a country's customs laws have certain restrictions in bringing food into their country, but not bringing onboard the ship.

Edited by easyboy

Can we bring our own snacks on board in our checked bags? I can't seem to find the answer to this question anywhere.

Thanks, Pat

Sent from my iPad using Forums

in NYC i've carried on a bag of snacks in baggies, doritos, pretzels , grapes etc. not a single person said not to though we were prepared to toss it all.