Youngest Self Made Pinnacles (Non Inherited)?

Garavar

Just got off Oasis yesterday. There were 12 pinnacles sailing. 112 D+members. Our group was over 10% of the D+. Just for kicks we counted up the D+ members in our party under 25 with more than 175 points on their own. Then asked the kids about their friends that were on the ship (not in our group) and also D+ ON their own with their owns point total. They ran into friends from school, home and many past Christmas cruises. Being from GA, and FL, they run into lots of people they already know.

You would be surprised at how many young D+ members there are with over 175. While they may not pay for the cruises themselves, they do earn the points. I keep reading that people are assuming that most kids that are D+, are only D+ from inheriting it. That just is not the case! They cruise as a family and the kids do have the points! I heard too many Diamond members in the club saying the young adults should not be there. Like it is a club for older people only.

This cruise was the first time I heard people actually complaining about the age in the lounge being too young and they did not belong. The young adults were also well behaved. There were very few kids! I just don't get it...

This cruise was also the first time I heard people in the lounge checking that others were Diamond like them... I was actually asked by other guests about my status. WHY?

Interesting that the Diamond lounge was checking on D members. You need a card to get in.

We were in the top 12 Pinnacles....actually were the top cruisers. So what? It is all about the number of cruises that one obtains.

We will never have more cruises than Pete and Karen, or many other "top" cruisers on Royal Caribbean. I honor them, and wish that Pete has his health.

Rick

If this is the case. It could bite Royal. I have about 20 more (actual) points than my wife (due to single bookings). So when (if) I become pineapple and get a "free cruise" My wife would become eligible for another "free" cruise. 20 points later.

[Late to the party here]

Alas, it doesn't work that way. RCI has (or should have) you at the same number of points. I have cruised more than DH (not counting his 23 years on grey ships;)), but our totals are the same, so the milestone cruises come when I get there.

My three kids are 20-26 right now and they all have purchased their own cruises and done spring break cruises with their own earned money! They have done at least 1-2 a year on their own with their OWN earned money! They all have over 175 points. My oldest has paid for 40+ points himself. My other son has paid for about 30 points himself with his own earned money. My daughter has only paid for 7. She still holds 2 jobs and is in school full time. I don't understand the point you are trying to make?

The Holiday cruises we take are a gift for the holidays every year from my father in law. He wants the family all together so the holiday cruise has worked well for the last 15 years.

Actually you just proved my point. ;)