Question on 'Orlando' stop

wildbill426

I believe the Breakaway stops at Port Canaveral. It has to be a long stop given that you can go to the theme parks. I would like to go to Fantasy of Flight, Kermit Weeks' amazing air museum in Kissimmee. I think I would have enough time to get there and back; my question is would that be a taxi ride, and if so roughly how much would the taxi fare be each way? I wouldn't mind the Garlits museum either but I think that's a little too far away. Any feedback would be welcome.

not sure the proximity of kissimmee to the port. orlando is about an hour from the port. also florida traffic can be bad wiht accidents, etc.

i think the stop is usually 7 or 8 hours. most that go to disney end up maybe doing 3 or 4 rides and its time to come back.

we did cape canaveral/kennedy space center and enjoyed it. did it thru the ship, but it was a much shorter ride than orlando. i had been there as a child but its much larger now.

Hi, Turtles; didn't ask there as I'm not departing from there.

It's really misnamed. It covers all questions regarding Florida ports of call, whether or not you are embarking from a port or just have a port call.

Plenty of Florida experts there will help will all your Florida questions. :)

I wouldn't mind the Garlits museum either but I think that's a little too far away. Any feedback would be welcome.

Big Daddy's Museum is in Ocala and that's about 120 miles from Canaveral so you are looking at a total of 4 hours there and back, IMO not enough time. But it is a great take.

I suggest you plan a separate Mid-March trip Florida trip hit the Gator Nationals in Gainesville and spend a day at museum :D

I went on the BA in Nov. and the stop time was 1p-9p. And you have to be back on the latest by 8.

If you are the first person in line to get off and have a car already waiting you may be able to squeeze it in, but it doesn't seem like a great idea, for any reason the boat may be late which I've read about on here and who knows what else, maybe when you're looking to go back to the boat you can't get a ride. Not trying to be negative but just mentioning those factors. Plus as others mentioned the cab would be very expensive.

Big Daddy's Museum is in Ocala and that's about 120 miles from Canaveral so you are looking at a total of 4 hours there and back, IMO not enough time. But it is a great take.

I suggest you plan a separate Mid-March trip Florida trip hit the Gator Nationals in Gainesville and spend a day at museum :D

Jimsig, great idea! However, I've already got my plane tix to Indianapolis (no cruise ships there, lol) for Labor Day weekend, plus doing the events in NJ and NH, so already doing 3 national events this year, plus maybe Reading. One year I will; I went to Hawleys school some time ago and made my first passes at Gainesville!

I believe the Breakaway stops at Port Canaveral. It has to be a long stop given that you can go to the theme parks. I would like to go to Fantasy of Flight, Kermit Weeks' amazing air museum in Kissimmee. I think I would have enough time to get there and back; my question is would that be a taxi ride, and if so roughly how much would the taxi fare be each way? I wouldn't mind the Garlits museum either but I think that's a little too far away. Any feedback would be welcome.

Better check the F of F website. There were some changes in their operations a year or so ago, and they were not offering routine museum visits but were offering only group visits. Don't know if that is still the case but it is a long trip for nothing if they are not open.

Jimsig, great idea! However, I've already got my plane tix to Indianapolis (no cruise ships there, lol) for Labor Day weekend, plus doing the events in NJ and NH, so already doing 3 national events this year, plus maybe Reading. One year I will; I went to Hawleys school some time ago and made my first passes at Gainesville!

Still have Indy on my list. I used to do Gainesville, E-Town, and Reading every year as well as a few divisional races. Have also done ChiTown, Bristol, and Richmond- when that was an NHRA track. Pretty much Epping, NH is my only race now.