$49 Photo Package

Juliayn

They offered that one time on one of our cruises.... The price was great but we spent more time waiting in line to have our pictures taken...the lines were soooo long...

Long lines are really expected for that price. Was it offered for just a day?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It was offered for the entirety of our Nov 16th cruise on the Royal and I actually started a thread on it. I was hoping that they would keep it and expand it to other ships.

I know that during our cruises there were several people moaning about one thing or another and forgetting what a bargain it was and how much of a savings they were enjoying. In our case , we ended up with about 50 pictures and the digital copies and in fact one of them is our Christmas card portrait for this year. We ended up with that many and for sure we were NOT taking every opportunity for a photo.

One observation, the photographers were taking fewer shots at each station . Typical 2-3 whereas in the past it would be 4-5 per sitting .

Edited by ltcal94

I was on the Coral last week, and the asst. photo manager insisted that this will never go fleet-wide and only the larger ships would offer the $49 program.

I then asked her how they plan on convincing passengers on the smaller ships to pay $150 more....she couldn't answer me.

It was offered for the entirety of our Nov 16th cruise on the Royal and I actually started a thread on it. I was hoping that they would keep it and expand it to other ships.

I know that during our cruises there were several people moaning about one thing or another and forgetting what a bargain it was and how much of a savings they were enjoying. In our case , we ended up with about 50 pictures and the digital copies and in fact one of them is our Christmas card portrait for this year. We ended up with that many and for sure we were NOT taking every opportunity for a photo.

One observation, the photographers were taking fewer shots at each station . Typical 2-3 whereas in the past it would be 4-5 per sitting .

Were the long lines only on the last day since it takes time to choose photos for the entire cruise?

We also noticed those fewer shots at stations. They are also not visible for a longer period at the MDR on formal nights.

Were the long lines only on the last day since it takes time to choose photos for the entire cruise?

We also noticed those fewer shots at stations. They are also not visible for a longer period at the MDR on formal nights.

The longs lines were off and on for the entire cruise , but probably they worse at the beginning.

The process is that after you pay , they would take your order and whatever prints you had collected to that time and then the next day you would come back and pick up your memory stick and initial set of prints. The lines were because there was a separate line to pick your initial order from any subsequent order.

After you have your stick, you could come back at any time , collect any prints you wanted and they would scan the barcode so that the digital files could be uploaded onto the stick they gave you . Quick and easy :) .

Once people got used to it , the whole process went fairly smooth. We would pass by every evening or two collect our prints and have them uploaded.

The longs lines were off and on for the entire cruise , but probably they worse at the beginning.

The process is that after you pay , they would take your order and whatever prints you had collected to that time and then the next day you would come back and pick up your memory stick and initial set of prints. The lines were because there was a separate line to pick your initial order from any subsequent order.

After you have your stick, you could come back at any time , collect any prints you wanted and they would scan the barcode so that the digital files could be uploaded onto the stick they gave you . Quick and easy :) .

Once people got used to it , the whole process went fairly smooth. We would pass by every evening or two collect our prints and have them uploaded.

Thanks. Nice to know they do have a system in place.

We were on the Royal from Oct. 27 to Nov. 16. The first 10 days, the photo package was $199. Since I was on a 20 day cruise, I asked if I could get all my photos for that price. They told me I would have to pay ANOTHER $150 for the second half of the cruise. As I was unwilling to do that, I put my photos together from the first half in a folder so that I could pick out the best photos at the end of the cruise. Imagine my surprise when I saw the price for the second half of the cruise. As it turned out, I was able to get ALL my photos by paying $49 for each 10 day segment. For only $98, I got a pile of photos. EVERYONE in our family is getting a picture of us for Christmas, whether they want one or not! I wish that Princess would at least offer the digital copies of the photos at a reduced rate. We don't want the actual photos, just the digital copies.

We were on the Royal from Oct. 27 to Nov. 16. The first 10 days, the photo package was $199. Since I was on a 20 day cruise, I asked if I could get all my photos for that price. They told me I would have to pay ANOTHER $150 for the second half of the cruise. As I was unwilling to do that, I put my photos together from the first half in a folder so that I could pick out the best photos at the end of the cruise. Imagine my surprise when I saw the price for the second half of the cruise. As it turned out, I was able to get ALL my photos by paying $49 for each 10 day segment. For only $98, I got a pile of photos. EVERYONE in our family is getting a picture of us for Christmas, whether they want one or not! I wish that Princess would at least offer the digital copies of the photos at a reduced rate. We don't want the actual photos, just the digital copies.

Good that their being cunning worked in your favor!

• 3 weeks later...

I was just able to pre-purchase this package for $99 on our upcoming Ruby cruise. It is listed as $199 onboard, and half off if you prepurchase it. Blurb about it says. "Take home all the prints and digital files of your cruise for one low price"

I usually don't do too many photo ops, but since we have some special occasions on this trip, this was the perfect time to jump on this offer.

I have also booked the UBD, which at the time I booked and pre-paid, said it included a photo. Now I see that the description no longer includes a photo. I was preparing to fight for it onboard, but now will just make sure they are sending a photographer that evening to take shot on our balcony.