Blu seating on Solstice

cruiserloser99

I have cruised on Silhouette, in Aqua Class, and loved everything about Blu. Next up is a cruise on Solstice, and I have read that Blu's seating capacity on Solstice is much smaller. If I recall correctly, Blu does not take reservations. I was wondering if any Solstice alumni who have dined at Blu, experienced delays with dinner or breakfast seating? If so, can you offer any tips on how to avoid such delays? Thanks.

I have cruised on Silhouette, in Aqua Class, and loved everything about Blu. Next up is a cruise on Solstice, and I have read that Blu's seating capacity on Solstice is much smaller. If I recall correctly, Blu does not take reservations. I was wondering if any Solstice alumni who have dined at Blu, experienced delays with dinner or breakfast seating? If so, can you offer any tips on how to avoid such delays? Thanks.

Wherever you got that info, it was wrong, have done both saw no problem. There is really no difference between Solstice and Silhouette. Reflection is or actually was a bit of a problem because they used to have Aqua Class Suites which ate in Blu, now they eat in Luminae.

Edited by dkjretired

We spent 30+ days on the Solstice this fall, and the Solstice Blu looked the same size to me as the ones on other S-class ships we have been on. But I happen to have a copy of the 2012/13 "Celebrity's Travel Agent Guide" which was given to me by a onboard future cruise sales person several years ago. In addition to having floor plans for individual ships this guide also lists the seating capacity for public spaces and restaurants. Indeed, the seating capacity for Blu is listed as the same for all S-class ships.

Wherever you got that info, it was wrong, have done both saw no problem. There is really no difference between Solstice and Silhouette. Reflection is or actually was a bit of a problem because they used to have Aqua Class Suites which ate in Blu, now they eat in Luminae.

Good to hear. I can't remember where I read about the smaller size restaurant. Thanks for your feedback.

We spent 30+ days on the Solstice this fall, and the Solstice Blu looked the same size to me as the ones on other S-class ships we have been on. But I happen to have a copy of the 2012/13 "Celebrity's Travel Agent Guide" which was given to me by a onboard future cruise sales person several years ago. In addition to having floor plans for individual ships this guide also lists the seating capacity for public spaces and restaurants. Indeed, the seating capacity for Blu is listed as the same for all S-class ships.

Thank you. This is also good news and reassuring. I appreciate your feedback.

we have just recently cruised 13nights Sydney Australia to New Zealand on Solstice. we never experienced a problem with dining in Blu. on Port days they open earlier for breakfast so you can make your shore excursions. We liked to dine 7-730 pretty much peak hour for cruise dining and never had to wait for a table and the food was awesome.

cheers

Belinda

we have just recently cruised 13nights Sydney Australia to New Zealand on Solstice. we never experienced a problem with dining in Blu. on Port days they open earlier for breakfast so you can make your shore excursions. We liked to dine 7-730 pretty much peak hour for cruise dining and never had to wait for a table and the food was awesome.

cheers

Belinda

Thanks Belinda - We thought the food was delicious too. I'm glad to hear that you didn't experience any wait. I was concerned after reading on another site (http://www.cruisemapper.com/ships/Celebrity-Solstice-676) that Blu only seated 32. This is obviously incorrect based on the feedback you and others provided. Thanks again for responding.

Thanks Belinda - We thought the food was delicious too. I'm glad to hear that you didn't experience any wait. I was concerned after reading on another site (http://www.cruisemapper.com/ships/Celebrity-Solstice-676) that Blu only seated 32. This is obviously incorrect based on the feedback you and others provided. Thanks again for responding.

wow, they certainly got that wrong!!!!!it seats more than 32 in the tables near the windows!!! I didn't count the seats but I would say 120 - 150. the other thing on this other site said reservations required...not at all... Blu is anytime dining. I will be very sad to not be dining there on my next cruise...we are not aquaclass for that one.... enjoy!!!!

cheers

Belinda

wow, they certainly got that wrong!!!!!it seats more than 32 in the tables near the windows!!! I didn't count the seats but I would say 120 - 150. the other thing on this other site said reservations required...not at all... Blu is anytime dining. I will be very sad to not be dining there on my next cruise...we are not aquaclass for that one.... enjoy!!!!

cheers

Belinda

I'm thinking (based on my memory and our Silhouette sailing last year) there are actually 32 tables. 282 days til we set sail!!! Can't wait!:)