Vista Gym Questions

pirate4me2

Hey everyone!

I am sailing on the Vista next month (it's so close! Almost here!!) and I have recently made a lifestyle change and begun working out. I'm determined to get healthier and loose some weight, I need to. Anyway...I want to keep my routine going, but I've never used the gyms in the ships, so I have a few questions. What deck is Vista's gym on? Do they have ellipticals in there? Are there changing rooms and showers in the gym area? Is it usually crowded? And lastly, is there any charge for using the gym equipment and showers (if they have them)?

Thanks so much for any info you all can share!

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

There is never a charge to use any gym on any ship though I don't think it's open 24 hours (opens around 6am I think). Some of the classes you can sign up for do have a fee though.

This gym is deck 12-13 forward through the spa (like all Carnival ships I think).

There are plenty of ellipiticals to use and I never had an issue with the gym being crowded but every cruise is different.

There are changing rooms for men and women but I always change in the cabin and walk to the gym and back to my room.

Hey everyone!

I am sailing on the Vista next month (it's so close! Almost here!!) and I have recently made a lifestyle change and begun working out. I'm determined to get healthier and loose some weight, I need to. Anyway...I want to keep my routine going, but I've never used the gyms in the ships, so I have a few questions. What deck is Vista's gym on? Do they have ellipticals in there? Are there changing rooms and showers in the gym area? Is it usually crowded? And lastly, is there any charge for using the gym equipment and showers (if they have them)?

Thanks so much for any info you all can share!

pirate...just follow me, your roll call "gym rat". :D. I'll be there at 6AM every day! followed by breakfast at Blue Iguana or Havana Café. (What! :eek: )

Fitness Center is on deck 12 forward. Out of the forward set of elevators, then straight toward the bow into the spa area. Women's and men's locker rooms are on your left. Gym looks out over the bow. Some pictures here:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/carnival-vista-982/fitness-center-298774/

There is never a charge to use any gym on any ship though I don't think it's open 24 hours (opens around 6am I think). Some of the classes you can sign up for do have a fee though.

This gym is deck 12-13 forward through the spa (like all Carnival ships I think).

There are plenty of ellipiticals to use and I never had an issue with the gym being crowded but every cruise is different.

There are changing rooms for men and women but I always change in the cabin and walk to the gym and back to my room.

Thank you so much for that info!! Exactly what I needed to know!

Gym/.showers are free

Gym showers are a lot bigger then what is in the cabin.

Gym is very crowded early in the mornings especially sea days.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/carnival-vista-982/fitness-center-298774/

Hmmmm, I may just use the gym showers every day then!! Thank you very much for the info.

pirate...just follow me, your roll call "gym rat". :D. I'll be there at 6AM every day! followed by breakfast at Blue Iguana or Havana Café. (What! :eek: )

Fitness Center is on deck 12 forward. Out of the forward set of elevators, then straight toward the bow into the spa area. Women's and men's locker rooms are on your left. Gym looks out over the bow. Some pictures here:

Hey, I will see you there then (unless I sleep in....which may be very likely)! I am on the cruise before yours as well, so I should know my way to the gym by the time you are onboard. And I agree....Blue Iguana breakfast ROCKS!! Hubby prefers Open Seating in the dining room though...so I may have to compromise with him some days. :)

The Vista gym was actually on the deck below the spa. It had all kinds of machines, maybe 40 treadmills, ellipticals, various weight trainers, free weights etc.

There are also several outside workout areas along one of the upper decks, below the ropes course and the pedal ride.

Hey, I will see you there then (unless I sleep in....which may be very likely)! I am on the cruise before yours as well, so I should know my way to the gym by the time you are onboard. And I agree....Blue Iguana breakfast ROCKS!! Hubby prefers Open Seating in the dining room though...so I may have to compromise with him some days. :)

Fantastic. Forgot you were one of the B2Bers. Be sure to check out the Havana cafe for breakfast and the bar for drinks. Menus look enticing.

evandbob,

We have a spa cabin on deck 11, are the locker room on deck 12 the only locker rooms in the Spa/Gym areas. I know on the Dream and Breeze the Spa had separate one but I don't see anything up on deck 14.

Thanks,

We were on the spa deck 12 asking where the gym was and we were directed down a flight or two of steps. Perhaps it was only to deck 11 1/2?

The treadmills did have their usual view of ocean front facing windows.

We will be on the Vista in March - does anyone know if the have a Concept 2 Ergometer (pro-style rowing machine)?

I looked at the photo links - there were lifestyle rowing machines in-front of the treadmills, but I did not see any Concept2s (typically, every shipboard gym has one).

We will be on the Vista in March - does anyone know if the have a Concept 2 Ergometer (pro-style rowing machine)?

I looked at the photo links - there were lifestyle rowing machines in-front of the treadmills, but I did not see any Concept2s (typically, every shipboard gym has one).

I'm on in 3 weeks. And from what I've seen and read here NO C2s. Just a couple of "offbrand" water rowers. Not even the type of water rowers Josh Crosby's Indo-Row or Orange Therapy use. And from what I can gather off the internet, the monitors sux. That's more disappointing than being on the Legend and seeing the Schwinn things or on Sunshine and seeing the bungie broken on the lone C2 there.:(

Fantastic. Forgot you were one of the B2Bers. Be sure to check out the Havana cafe for breakfast and the bar for drinks. Menus look enticing.

We are in a Havana cabin, so you can bet we will check out to food offerings there!! :)

What a small world! I'm happy to see that we'll have other fitness minded people nearby. We're also in the Havana cabins. One of the biggest selling features was the huge lanai. Look for us and our yoga mats out on there in the mornings!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What a small world! I'm happy to see that we'll have other fitness minded people nearby. We're also in the Havana cabins. One of the biggest selling features was the huge lanai. Look for us and our yoga mats out on there in the mornings!

Well, when you see me you will see that I have not been very mindful of my fitness the past several years. I am very, very overweight (my goal is to loose 100 lbs, and that will still have me about 40 lbs overweight) but I have realized that I'm too young to be this heavy and I need to change. I need to get healthier, and I am slowly starting to work towards that. I got myself a hybrid trainer for the house and I've been doing 30 minutes each day on it, which wears me out, and I'm trying to eat healthier. I'm determined to get some weight off, and I'm determined to hit the gym every day on the ship to keep my routine going! I want to live a good life with lots more travel adventures!

Edited by pirate4me2

Well, when you see me you will see that I have not been very mindful of my fitness the past several years. I am very, very overweight (my goal is to loose 100 lbs, and that will still have me about 40 lbs overweight) but I have realized that I'm too young to be this heavy and I need to change. I need to get healthier, and I am slowly starting to work towards that. I got myself a hybrid trainer for the house and I've been doing 30 minutes each day on it, which wears me out, and I'm trying to eat healthier. I'm determined to get some weight off, and I'm determined to hit the gym every day on the ship to keep my routine going! I want to live a good life with lots more travel adventures!

Good for you, pirate4me2! You can make healthy choices about what foods to eat, when and how long to exercise, using stairs, etc. and still have a great cruise!

When you come home and weigh the same or less than when you went, it becomes totally worth the little effort!

Congratulations on taking that step! It's not easy to change your habits and it says a huge amount about you that you are taking this journey. We are far from ripped exercise freaks, but we enjoy being active and try to make healthier choices. And believe me, we know that can be a struggle. No need to be self-conscious around us. I know, easier said that done. We all have our self-conscious feelings. We look forward to meeting you and hopefully we can all motivate each other to make those healthier choices, at least part of the time. It can be tough on vacation! Huge weakness for me will be coconut mojitos at the Havana bar!

Good for you, pirate4me2! You can make healthy choices about what foods to eat, when and how long to exercise, using stairs, etc. and still have a great cruise!

When you come home and weigh the same or less than when you went, it becomes totally worth the little effort!

Oh I plan on having a great cruise, and I'm actually excited to use the gym on the ship. It'll be a new area for me to experience since I've never stepped foot in one, lol!! And I plan to eat some healthy stuff, but I guarantee I will have one, maybe even two, chocolate melting cakes during my 14 days. If I weigh the same or less when we return I will celebrate!! I will also have my Fitbit on to remind me to move. :)

Congratulations on taking that step! It's not easy to change your habits and it says a huge amount about you that you are taking this journey. We are far from ripped exercise freaks, but we enjoy being active and try to make healthier choices. And believe me, we know that can be a struggle. No need to be self-conscious around us. I know, easier said that done. We all have our self-conscious feelings. We look forward to meeting you and hopefully we can all motivate each other to make those healthier choices, at least part of the time. It can be tough on vacation! Huge weakness for me will be coconut mojitos at the Havana bar!

I look forward to meeting you too! I went to Old Navy and got new exercise clothes just for the ship to motivate me even more to get to the gym. I have them packed and told myself I can't use the "pretty gym clothes" until I'm onboard.

As for my weakness onboard...It's the Twilight Zone. I'm sure I will have a few.

Did they have stationary bikes?

I look forward to meeting you too! I went to Old Navy and got new exercise clothes just for the ship to motivate me even more to get to the gym. I have them packed and told myself I can't use the "pretty gym clothes" until I'm onboard.

As for my weakness onboard...It's the Twilight Zone. I'm sure I will have a few.

I love that motivation! We bought travel yoga mats for our lanai. They are packed with our snorkel gear and waiting for their debut. DH takes a yoga class and really enjoys it, but the balconies are often too small for him to practice. Our cabin on Oasis had a huge balcony and he did a little, but it was tough since the floor was so hard. So that was part of his Christmas present, his and hers travel mats. Whatever workout we decide to get in will be much easier to finish with a bit of padding and grip.

Twilight Zone... I've never had. You may have to introduce me to it.