Orlando Airport to Cocoa Beach Hotel

NicoleToussaint

Trying to understand my options of getting from MCO to a hotel in Cocoa Beach the night before my cruise. Still undecided on hotel, but will probably be Comfort Suites. There are just 2 of us so don't think it makes sense to rent a car, but most of the shuttles I look up are just from the airport to the port.

We will also need return transportation from ship to airport, but assuming that will be easier to find.

We always rent a car to Cocoa Beach, for the convenience of being able to eat dinner when and where we want, and also the ability to shop for wine, anything we forgot, etc. We can usually get a one-way rental in the $60 range.

On the way back to the airport, we use Cortrans for $20pp.

We always rent a car to Cocoa Beach, for the convenience of being able to eat dinner when and where we want, and also the ability to shop for wine, anything we forgot, etc. We can usually get a one-way rental in the $60 range.

On the way back to the airport, we use Cortrans for $20pp.

Any particular rental agency you use? Our flight doesn't land until 7pm the night before so assumed it would just be easiest to shuttle, and then take a shuttle from the hotel to the port in the morning. It looks like our hotel is in walking distance of places we can buy wine before we go on the cruise so not sure a car is necessary. I've been reading reviews about how crowded the rental agencies are in the morning although we will be leaving on a Thursday with only 2 ships in port

Any particular rental agency you use? Our flight doesn't land until 7pm the night before so assumed it would just be easiest to shuttle, and then take a shuttle from the hotel to the port in the morning. It looks like our hotel is in walking distance of places we can buy wine before we go on the cruise so not sure a car is necessary. I've been reading reviews about how crowded the rental agencies are in the morning although we will be leaving on a Thursday with only 2 ships in port

We've always used Avis for MCO to Port Canaveral. The rental agency can be crowded at 9am, when people are picking up cars. We arrive around 11:30am, and the crowd has died down by then.

Edited by clarea

I'm gonna guess that you see few replies because

this question has been asked 1000 times b4

and a search .... or even just scrolling down .....

yields many replys

I've seen lots of replies about shuttles from the airport to the cruise terminal, but still having a hard time finding a shuttle that will take us to Cocoa Beach for the night. I've read horrible things about CB shuttle. Really dont think we will want to go through the hassle of renting a car at 7pm to barely have for more than 12 hours so would still prefer to find a shuttle service. I have found private transfers in the $100+ range, but don't mind a shuttle service

I've seen lots of replies about shuttles from the airport to the cruise terminal, but still having a hard time finding a shuttle that will take us to Cocoa Beach for the night. I've read horrible things about CB shuttle. Really dont think we will want to go through the hassle of renting a car at 7pm to barely have for more than 12 hours so would still prefer to find a shuttle service. I have found private transfers in the $100+ range, but don't mind a shuttle service

We've also used Travelynx shuttle with good results.

I have not used them yet... but I am planning on booking them for my Epic cruise out of PC. You can book for a pick up at MCO with drop off at a Cocoa Beach hotel, and with a return trip to MCO post cruise with pick up at the port

http://www.cab888.com/product/round-trip-shuttle/

Another vote for Travel Lynx Shuttle service...they pick up at MCO area hotels and shuttle to the port then back again after the cruise.

We stayed at LaQuinta North Orlando airport.....5 min from the airport, free airport shuttle, clean rooms and a complimentary breakfast. There are SEVERAL restaurants within walking distance of the hotel a few were 24 hr. We really enjoyed our stay here and would rebook again.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Forums mobile app

Landing at 7:00 means you will be lucky to be ready to roll by 7:45 -- not many shuttles willing to travel that late as they are unlikely to fill the van.

We prefer to stay in Orlando - 1000's of hotels in every price range - and then make our way to the port in the morning. Lots of hotels close to the airport. Besides car rentals and private transfers you could look at Uber; CorTrans, along with Cocoa Beach Shuttle and Travellynx are the big three PC based shuttle services.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions. We have decided to stay at a hotel closer to the airport and have booked Cotrans to take us to the port in the morning. If we were landing earlier in the day a car rental would have made more sense, but really didnt want to deal with the hassle of it at 7pm