March 14, 2016 Pride of America Issues

supersecdd

I am having trouble being able to use my credit from the 3/14/16 POA Hawaii cruise. This is the one that left a day late and the ship wasn't ready when we did get on board. Is anyone else having problems? Any suggestions for me? I know people posted after the cruise but it is no longer there.

I am having trouble being able to use my credit from the 3/14/16 POA Hawaii cruise. This is the one that left a day late and the ship wasn't ready when we did get on board. Is anyone else having problems? Any suggestions for me? I know people posted after the cruise but it is no longer there.

What sort of problem are you having? Have you already made the booking? We were on that cruise and had no trouble getting our credit applied. Even asked for an extension to push it out to Oct 2017. Applied it to one cruise and then decided to switch to another itinerary and had the credit reapplied. The only person I recall who had a problem involved some sort of group booking.

As mentioned, you will need to talk to a Cruise Consultant or customer service rep at NCL. Probably easiest to just have them process the booking and the credit rather than book it yourself and then trying to call Guest Relations yourself to ask for the credit. My PCC handled calling the department and getting the credit applied. If they tell you to call Guest Relations yourself, find a PCC who knows how this is done and is willing.

We were on the same cruise and used our credit towards a 14-day cruise to Alaska on the Sun in May 2017. We booked directly with NCL and it took three tries for our personal cruise consultant to finally get the credit applied correctly, but the invoice now shows our discount.

Don't wait too long before using your credit. This is an excerpt from an email I got from NCL after I had written them concerning the refund for the missed day and expenses in San Francisco.

Additionally, the initial valid dates are made out for one (1) year from the date issued; in this case from 03/15/2016 - 03/15/2017. However, we do understand not all guests can or wish to travel within this time frame. For this reason we have the option of extending the validity date 12 additional months. Guests are not required to travel or sail within that time, but the credits must be applied on a reservation. This being because once we extend the dates, if not used or if expired, unfortunately we will not reinstate or extend the credits any further.

We used our refund from NCL, for a 7 night Western Caribbean Cruise out of New Orleans. Leaves 2/26 and returns 3/5. Wanted to be sure it was completed within the 1 year time frame. The VTG travel agent had no problem finding the NCL credit for our final payment. It only cost $108 for the both of us in a BA mid ship balcony, but we paid extra for the VAT drink package and 3 specialty meals. We had a $ 1114.50 credit each from NCL, and bought a $250 future cruise credit while onboard, with credit from our account. The $100 OBC from the FCC, was then credited back to our account. It worked out well for us.

We used our refund from NCL, for a 7 night Western Caribbean Cruise out of New Orleans. Leaves 2/26 and returns 3/5. Wanted to be sure it was completed within the 1 year time frame. The VTG travel agent had no problem finding the NCL credit for our final payment. It only cost $108 for the both of us in a BA mid ship balcony, but we paid extra for the VAT drink package and 3 specialty meals. We had a $ 1114.50 credit each from NCL, and bought a $250 future cruise credit while onboard, with credit from our account. The $100 OBC from the FCC, was then credited back to our account. It worked out well for us.

Interesting that your credit was applied toward your final payment. Our credit was applied to the cruise fare up front at booking. We received an initial full fare confirmation, and then one reflecting the fare minus the credit a short time later. I don't think I'd like to wait until final payment to make sure the credit is going to go through.

PUNKINCC, we booked the cruise within a month of returning home from the Hawaiian Cruise. At that time we were still waiting for NCL to refund the on board credit, and reimbursement for the 1 day delay. We all know that took a while! Our VTG travel agent knew the situation, and called NCL. She asked about us waiting to use the cruise credit, and $250 FCC on final payment. NCL agreed to let us do that. We didn't want to have all our credit tied up on this cruise, in case we changed our mind. Thought it might be a problem, if we had to move the credits to another cruise. NCL did a lot of subtracting from the final payment, but it worked out right. Ended up keeping this cruise to celebrate our anniversary, since NOLA is only a 10 hour drive from our home. No round trip airfare required. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE !!!

• 2 weeks later...