Dress Code

LakeDude666

I agree on a few points

• The dress codes are pretty loose
  • That most dress codes are not enforced
  • That some people cruise on lines with codes but still try and break them.

However, the CC members that post about the dress codes do so for basically two reasons, one is to get rid of them and the other is to maintain what little there is of them.

I for one would like any policy or rule whether it be dress, alcohol or safety or whatever the rule may be, to just be enforced consistently. That way everyone knows where they stand and whether that cruise line is the one for them.

I agree on a few points

• The dress codes are pretty loose
  • That most dress codes are not enforced
  • That some people cruise on lines with codes but still try and break them.

However, the CC members that post about the dress codes do so for basically two reasons, one is to get rid of them and the other is to maintain what little there is of them.

I for one would like any policy or rule whether it be dress, alcohol or safety or whatever the rule may be, to just be enforced consistently. That way everyone knows where they stand and whether that cruise line is the one for them.

Probably one of the more sane posts about dress codes. I am comfortable with a dress code which is made clear and is observed - whatever it is. While what others wear makes no difference to the flavor of my meal, the general surroundings generally contribute to atmosphere. Having attractive decor and lighting, clean fresh linen, polished silverware and sparkling glassware seems a touch incongruous if everyone (other than the wait staff) is dressed for a fast food burger joint.

Probably one of the more sane posts about dress codes. I am comfortable with a dress code which is made clear and is observed - whatever it is. While what others wear makes no difference to the flavor of my meal, the general surroundings generally contribute to atmosphere. Having attractive decor and lighting, clean fresh linen, polished silverware and sparkling glassware seems a touch incongruous if everyone (other than the wait staff) is dressed for a fast food burger joint.

Agreed.

When X changed from Formal to 'Evening Chic' I was happy they made the move, as I saw it as a move to attract a differing younger crowd and a more modern form of cruising without dropping all standards (and it made flying in for a cruise so much easier). :D

Now however, I see it more of a failure on their part for not enforcing the dress codes as even with evening chic, they fail to apply the code consistently.

...I for one would like any policy or rule whether it be dress, alcohol or safety or whatever the rule may be, to just be enforced consistently. That way everyone knows where they stand and whether that cruise line is the one for them.

Agree

...I am comfortable with a dress code which is made clear and is observed - whatever it is. While what others wear makes no difference to the flavor of my meal, the general surroundings generally contribute to atmosphere...

Agree