Silversea Water Cooler: Part 3, Welcome!

Host Dan

Hello Coolers.......such a beautiful hot day here in Wales where the dog sitting is going superbly well...what good guys they are!

Lois, so pleased that you have the silver box to browse through.....one knows that the cruise is imminent when that arrives 🚢

On a more sombre note l feel trouble brewing in London following the tragic fire.....TM gets it wrong again and in my opinion is adding insult to injury.......

Anyway.....hope we all have a lovely weekend.....

S😊

Greetings Coolers!

Lois....excitement must be building! :) Anticipation is one of my favourite pre-adventure feelings! Hope you have an awesome time!

Miss S....Today our news here has started to cover more than the bare bones stats related to the Tower tragedy. Lots of anger and unrest being reported.

Enjoy all the tiniest moments of happiness you can scrounge Coolers!

Hi all ... from a lovely Hampshire. Cooking lamb shoulder in the smoker. Created my own rub and being patient.

Soapy, yes TM is badly advise and unsure-footed. This is the start of the end. She never needed a deal with the DUP as they are hardly not going to cooperate so the seek a deal which effectively gives government control to the DUP is not only harmful to Ireland but dire for us and TM.

I also fear for another backlash way down the line. Of the first names to emerge of those that died out of the 23 only two were British. This is in time going to feed into those feelings about non-British people being favoured for social housing. This is a block in Kensington and many Brits when the first waves of sympathy are long gone will wonder how it is that Brits are in swuch a small minority in social housing as in Grenfell and places like Kensington. Not nice, I know but it seems to me to be inevitable.

Yes Jeff, I too am very uncomfortable with the news all round. The police and fire services did a magnificent job and we should be very proud of them. However with events moving fast and the political manoeuvrings in the background especially the police are a smidgeon away from becoming villains if riots start and demos get out of hand. Osborne's comment of " dead man walking" though unkind is sadly true. I don't know how long she will hang on as they daren't change leader at the moment and when they do the knotty question is who!! In this media driven world it has to be someone with charisma. That is in short supply at the moment. I do have some sympathy for TM. As you say whoever is advising her is not doing a good job but she seems so far out of her comfort zone. I fear the country is about to enter a very devisive period and God knows where it will all end. The rich/ poor and the minority ethnic groups are a heady mix. And all the time those poor people have experienced an appalling tragedy and face an uncertain future.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, the words from Osborne belittled him and was unworthy and showing a lack of judgement and dignity. To try and undermine a current PM is unacceptable.

The issue is that when faced with a choice of one of two decisions they always seem to choose the wrong one, There is nothing that says that if there is a leadership battle then this requires another election. All others will call for it but TM became PM without a general elelction. The problem is that there are no viable Conservative leaders. Boris is front runner but will be an unmitigated disaster. He is hated and despised in Europe and seen as a joke in the UK. Perhaps she bought back Gove as insurance for the party to rally around as a clear alternative to Boris.

There is going to be an immigrant backlash over time with Grenfell. To see hundreds of mostly immigrants invading council officers and being abusive to the Queen, PM, Mayor and anyone they can when few have contributed to the Uk but have enjoyed rights and priveledges and the protection of the UK, who have put food on many or most of their tables and paid for by all will in the longer term cause a back-lash. 99% of the people we see on our screesn were not residents of Grenfell but chancers making political hay whilst the sun of sympathy shines. It has it's repurcussions I'm afraid and they are not good.

Undoubtably Boris is front runner at the moment and he is keeping a very low profile. Trouble is he's like marmite, people love him or hate him. Does Gove have the charisma?. He's certainly very bright but that doesn't always translate into a good leader. David Davis' time has passed. Amber Rudd. Bit schoolmarmy for me but she did have as good an election as any.

So many ramifications from the fire. All paperwork is gone and whether they were old or new immigrants is going to be a minefield. I'm sure too there will have been people in the tower who didn't live there legally. One feels awful saying these things.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Good morning folks:) just watching the FOOD NETWORK:D....I love many of the shows, while the AC guy is giving my

unit a check up. So far so good:)...living in the South, having a full throttle a/c is VERY important.

Then I am off to Sephora's (I am sure the gals on here have heard of it, if not shopped there too). Anyway, I read over on the

fashion forum Sephora's has a "mascara sampler"....6 travel size for 28.00! Then you can see which one you like best as I am

on the search for a new one.

Then I will go out for lunch, not sure where yet........

Hope everyone is having a good weekend:)

Hi friends, I got my cruise documents today:D....boy, they are really beautiful......silver box and REAL PAPER Documents

with luggage tags and that lovely book with tons of information.:)

Lois: just read some of your other posts regarding your upcoming cruise. I am a solo traveller and I spent three days in Barcelona in November. I walked all over, with a cross body bag...granted I kept my credit card, etc. in the hotel safe, I never felt nervous or threatened! I booked Sagrada Familia ticket online, took one of the bus tours when I first arrived to get the lay of the land before deciding what I wanted to revisit. I do this in most cities when visiting for the first time. Italy: took a cab to Pisa and I have spent two months in Lucca. Lucca is beautiful and a great place for a solo traveller to stroll, especially on the old city wall. Have a glorious holiday! Penny

Hi Penny, thanks for your post. I appreciate it:)........I am going on a tour with Barcelona Day tours on my 2nd day

and turns out one of the gals on our roll call is doing the same tour:D,,,she is sailing solo too,

The day I arrive I am probably not going do too much.......(after flying all night). I keep reading about the Market and it

sounds like something I would enjoy.

You were able to spend 2 months in Italy? How awesome is that:D

Good afternoon Coolers on a lovely and in my case Smokey Sunday afternoon here in the Home Country to our Colonist Coolers Everywhere. :D

We are smoking pork belly and chicken thighs today ......... and much to my astonishment wifey who wasn't too impressed when I said I had ordered the smoker and all the bits said it was the best lamb she had.

Blghty is currently in agony. it is my instinct that virtually no one in the UK feels relaxed and happy. I'd say it is the worst we have been for as long as I can remember.

Grenfell, Brexit, Corbyn, Momentum, Terrorism, May, no government. I think we all feel extremely wretched and are losing optimism. And Ocado have run out of Absolut Vanilla Vodka for tomorrows delivery. When will it all end.

Greetings Coolers! It is Father's Day on this side of the pond. Happy Father's Day to all Dads, here and everywhere. Also to those brave souls who take on the job! Have an awesome day!

It sounds rather dire in the Home Country these days J. So many crises and issues piling one on top of another. It must be hard to see any light at the end of the tunnel that is not another train. Thoughts are with you all and hopes that a way forward through the muck will be forged.

Have a great day all! Look for the sweetness in life. There is always a drop of goodness somewhere. :)

Good Day All.....

Very hot again here today but not complaining.....yet 😉

Have been sat out watching the birds bathe and also keeping an eye on the mummy blackbird l have nesting just feet away from me who's taking great care of her newly hatched babies......

So good to see us solos sharing tips....I must admit to not venturing ashore very much these days as I'm quite happy with the ship as my destination......there will be exceptions this December though when l visit India for the first time and l am already looking at various tours......

Lois, hope your shopping trip was successful......always fun having new make up and l also look for samplers or travel offers...which can at times be found on the airlines too....just hate having to place such items in a plastic bag so tend to buy airside to avoid the security hassle!

According to our latest news here Mrs May's days are numbered which is no surprise.....tempers are still rising as is the death toll and folk want answers which l can't see coming from her right now as she only stepped up when the going got tough....for her!

Anyway...it's Father's Day here in the uk....so wishing all the Dads a very happy day wherever they all are.....

S☺️

Yes, Miss S....great minds indeed! Enjoy your view of the hatchlings! :)

J...the article you linked to was very thought-provoking. Canada was mentioned and I do tend to agree with the author's take on our election results. The choice we had caused very heated conversations with one of our offspring and us. Baby boomers are apparently selfish old people who don't give a damn about anybody but themselves. :( We'll see how the choice works out for everyone here. So far, at least one election promise has gone by the wayside.

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there......Grandads, Stepdads, and whoever else is in that category.

I lost mine in 2011 and miss him every day:(.........he was my best friend and for those golf fans, today is the final round

of the US OPEN and we would always watch it together.:)....he was the best Dad a girl could ask for.

Sophia, I found the mascara sampler....there are 5 of them.....I will try all but I know from looking that 2 probably won't

work for me. I did get a cute new top and went to lunch at "California Pizza Kitchen". Then I went to look for a new bed

but haven't made a final decision on that........

Happy Fathers Day to all dads, grandpas, and stepdads!

We are also having a heat wave, which I welcome heartily. Our outing to Niagara Falls yesterday went very well, we walked a lot under the sun, were - as always - amazed at the Falls, had lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe, where the children enjoyed all the rock memorabilia, and stood in line for too long to get tickets to the Cave of the Winds... until the children decided enough is enough and let's go home!! All in all a perfect day.

Here's wishing all of you a happy Sunday.

Jeff, that was an important post, at least for me. I do hope other people can be made aware of the seasoning limitations in cruises. It would save some grief when expectations are not met.

Thanks,

Thai and non Bangladeshi / India curries use similar methods. The Main ones are Red and Green Thai curries often either started from the same base and adjusted for sweetnes and heat ie chillies red or green using pre-made pastes. Then there's Massamon Curry and Rendang. So most Asian restaurant curries can come from three of four base pots with the adjustments made after by adding proteins and varying amounts of coconut milk. Heat and spiciness tends to be defined by the pre-made base except in top-end places making individually to order. But a ship is essentially inductrial catering made to look "nice".

Thanks,

Thai and non Bangladeshi / India curries use similar methods. The Main ones are Red and Green Thai curries often either started from the same base and adjusted for sweetnes and heat ie chillies red or green using pre-made pastes. Then there's Massamon Curry and Rendang. So most Asian restaurant curries can come from three of four base pots with the adjustments made after by adding proteins and varying amounts of coconut milk. Heat and spiciness tends to be defined by the pre-made base except in top-end places making individually to order. But a ship is essentially inductrial catering made to look "nice".

So much useful info...and this is not tongue in cheek...thank you!

Penny