Day Pass for Bus in Miami

oceansandseas

DH and I will be coming in 2 days ahead to Miami. We land in afternoon, so will take shuttle to airport hotel. However, the next day we will be looking around in Miami. Our hotel is near a bus stop. This is in February 2017.

Instead of paying for each ride, is there a way that we can get a Day Pass, either for Family or individual? I thought they might be sold at the airport, but we would want it for the next day, not the day of arrival. Are Day Passes sold at grocery stores or drug stores. There is a CVS near our hotel.

If we just used cash, does anyone know the cost of a ride. Any reduction for Seniors who are visitors to Miami? I remember (slightly) from a previous visit to Miami that transfers were not given.

I have searched on the Miami Transportation site, but could not find answer.

Also, we are from Canada. We do not have phones or modern technology to use.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/easy-card.asp

The EASY Card is a durable, plastic reloadable fare card. It is part of Miami-Dade Transit’s automated fare collection system. It can contain both cash value and pass products (1-Month, 7-Day and 1-Day Pass) to pay your transit fare

Delivery of EASY Cards ordered online

When placing an order online, you will receive an automatic email receipt shortly after your order is submitted. Please allow up to 15 days for the delivery of your EASY Card

Depending on your hotel's location and where you are trying to go, check out the Metromover. It's a free monorail that runs all over downtown

PS: lots of Canadians have phones and modern technology...your choice not to use them has nothing to do with your nationality. Even my senior citizen mother has an iPhone and an iPad... :-)