Milestone Cruise

JennyD1

Has anyone taken a Milestone Cruise with Carnival? (This is a recognition program where they give you 25% off your fare on your 25th cruise or 50% off your 50th cruise, etc) When I booked this cruise, I paid the full fare and was told that I would get an onboard credit for 25% of my fare on the cruise. I was told to call a week before the cruise to find out the $ amount of the onboard credit. Has anyone experienced this? Do onboard credits show on your paperwork anywhere?

It never shows up on paperwork until you get on the cruise. Just in case your fare drops, you get the 25% OBC on your final fare. They told me they could not tell me what the OBC was until 2 days before my cruise. Since we left for Europe 4 days before the cruise, did not find out until we got on board. However, you can work it out yourself. 25% of your fare, not including taxes and fees.

If you did not book ES, they may be able to tell you after final payment as you would not get a price drop otherwise. Whatever your fare was at final payment, that will be what they will use to calculate the 25%

One thing... you do not need to take your OBC on the 25th cruise. You can wait and use the 25% on a longer and more expensive cruise. My 25th was a 4 day cruise. I used my credit on a 16 day Hawaii reposition. Much better use of the 25%... :D

Bob

One thing... you do not need to take your OBC on the 25th cruise. You can wait and use the 25% on a longer and more expensive cruise. My 25th was a 4 day cruise. I used my credit on a 16 day Hawaii reposition. Much better use of the 25%... :D

Bob

Same as you, but took mine on a 15day HI cruise.

After the 25th cruise I received a letter sent in a hand written envelope, Mom got an email. (Which was odd because we both hit 25 on the same cruise.) Sis got an odd invoice thing.

Same as you, but took mine on a 15day HI cruise.

After the 25th cruise I received a letter sent in a hand written envelope, Mom got an email. (Which was odd because we both hit 25 on the same cruise.) Sis got an odd invoice thing.

We got the letter as well.

Used one on 14 day and the other on a 15 day cruise. Only little difficulty was taking the unused obc with us as cash but with some help here we did.

I used mine on a more expensive cruise too but don't remember which one, it was a long time ago.

I don't remember any special recognition from any of the crew. Even now that I'm Diamond it's rare to have anyone comment when they see my white card.......which is okay. I just feel blessed to be able to cruise so much.

Unfortunately there are a lot of people who are disappointed when they don't get the expected recognition.

Another tip. Even though the letter will say that you have 18 months to take the cruise, it is not mandatory. It is only a one time benefit so the rules aren't followed to the letter.

So as others have said, wait until you book a longer, more expensive cruise to get more OBC.

Another tip. Even though the letter will say that you have 18 months to take the cruise, it is not mandatory. It is only a one time benefit so the rules aren't followed to the letter.

So as others have said, wait until you book a longer, more expensive cruise to get more OBC.

For our second one (used by DW) we waited over two years to use it.

I used mine on a more expensive cruise too but don't remember which one, it was a long time ago.

I don't remember any special recognition from any of the crew. Even now that I'm Diamond it's rare to have anyone comment when they see my white card.......which is okay. I just feel blessed to be able to cruise so much.

Unfortunately there are a lot of people who are disappointed when they don't get the expected recognition.

White cards are still a bit rare on the West Coast. Only 'special' recognition beyond 'Welcome Back' we've gotten was from a port security agent in Ensenada. He scrutinized our cards because, "Had never seen one of those before." lol

Get more recognition because we sail the same ships/ports (pretty much anything out of Los Angeles) rather than color of our card.

Do you get the milestone to use ON your 25th (or later), or for use AFTER your 25th? I have been told you get the letter after you complete your 24th cruise to use on your 25th or later. I will be joining that club this year so I want to make sure.

Do you get the milestone to use ON your 25th (or later), or for use AFTER your 25th? I have been told you get the letter after you complete your 24th cruise to use on your 25th or later. I will be joining that club this year so I want to make sure.

You can use it on your 25th or after. Just make sure it is one of your more expensive cruises to get the most benefit from it. If you want to use it on your 25th cruise, you might have to ask your PVP or TA to apply it for you. Some of us got the letter after completing our 24th cruise but it has been reported that some have not.

I just called the milestone number and was told I had to complete my 25th cruise.. so I guess they are saying you get rewarded on your 26th ?????

If that is the case why would your card say 25th

It's well known that Carnival will give you five different answers to the same question. Call agai it is the 25th cruise.

• 1 month later...
I just called the milestone number and was told I had to complete my 25th cruise.. so I guess they are saying you get rewarded on your 26th ?????

If that is the case why would your card say 25th

I called as well, and was told the same thing.

Then I received an email regarding the milestone benefit - I'm assuming it is notification, looks more like an invoice. Not exactly friendly or informative:confused: