Louisiana Star Info?

glmschlaglp

The Louisiana Star is an excursion boat in Hamburg. She usually does harbor cruises (and charters).

It´s a Mississippi steamboat style boat but the wheel is fake. On the good side: she has an air operated steam whistle.

You can find a couple of photos on my website. You will also find some data about the boat (but in German).

I´ve done a couple of harbor cruises on this vessel.

There´s another Mississippi style boat in Hamburg called Mississippi Queen. Last I´ve heard is that it is for sale. It´s still in the harbor of Hamburg but I haven´t seen it operating for a while. The Mississippi Queen has a real stern wheel. It was designed for a Dutch owner but then sold to Hamburg. You can clearly see the handwriting of late Alan Bates in this boat who served as an advisor. He also designed the steamer Natchez and the Creole Queen (both New Orleans).

steamboats

You're not going to see boats like the Louisiana Star be able to over cruises in Europe. They can't get much further upriver than the deep draft ships because of low European bridge heights on the interior waterways.