Great article about Costa Maya/Mahahual

jamon

Here is an article about Costa Maya and what to look out for when going to a specific place in the town of Mahahual. Once you get out of the taxi, you will be approached by "Jaladores" as they are called, and will try and get you to go to there place, even telling you that the one you want to go to is no longer in business which of course will not be true. https://ahhhmahahual.com/2016/11/30/just-say-no-gracias-to-jaladores-in-mahahualcosta-maya-and-then-enjoy-your-day/

Here is an article about Costa Maya and what to look out for when going to a specific place in the town of Mahahual. Once you get out of the taxi, you will be approached by "Jaladores" as they are called, and will try and get you to go to there place, even telling you that the one you want to go to is no longer in business which of course will not be true. https://ahhhmahahual.com/2016/11/30/just-say-no-gracias-to-jaladores-in-mahahualcosta-maya-and-then-enjoy-your-day/

Great Article! Thank-you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

$3 pp shuttle ride to beach,,went to the Krazy Lobster, free beach loungers and umbrella, also had hammocks and tables and chairs available along with free kayakshad order of guacamole and chips, chicken fajitas and grilled fish for lunch, along with 4 free small margaritas total bill $24 plus nice tip for our waiter Leo

• 3 weeks later...
$3 pp shuttle ride to beach,,went to the Krazy Lobster, free beach loungers and umbrella, also had hammocks and tables and chairs available along with free kayakshad order of guacamole and chips, chicken fajitas and grilled fish for lunch, along with 4 free small margaritas total bill $24 plus nice tip for our waiter Leo
This sounds like my kinda deal! Where did you tell the shuttle you wanted to go? We have nt been to this port before. ;)

This sounds like my kinda deal! Where did you tell the shuttle you wanted to go? We have nt been to this port before. ;)

Just tell the shuttle driver you want to go to Krazy Lobster. Do NOT get off at the first stop. You should make a stop at Calle Sierra, might be the second stop unless someone wants to go to Kim Bar. It's a short walk to malecon, turn left. You can't miss the Krazy Lobster signs. Another landmark to look is before Calle Sierra, you should see the street front for the Hotel Mahahual which houses the Krazy Lobster.

• 2 weeks later...

Great article. It sounds like things have gotten worse since I was there last a few years ago. That really sucks. I do remember someone on here trying to go to Blue Kay and this happened to them and they were disappointed only to find out that BK wasn't closed like they said.

It pays to do your homework prior to going and stick to it no matter what these people tell you.

I really hope this place doesn't get as bad as other places that hound the heck out of you that it makes for an unpleasant experience (like Jamaica or Belize outside the ports).