Ft. Lauderdale Parking

ZSandy25

Just booked with Park n Ride, 21 days for 202.00 including tax etc. Looked like the best deal, port parking would have been over 300.00 and all your recommendations helped me seal the deal..

Thanks for taking the time to help

• 2 years later...
On 1/1/2017 at 4:43 PM, RocketMan275 said:

That makes sense but it can get more complicated.

It depends upon how far you're driving to the port. We're about a 14 or 15 hour drive to the port. We really don't want to do that all in one day. We drive about 10 hours and spend the night. The next day we drive into the port. About another four hours.

In order to take advantage of those cruise packages, we'd have to spent two nights on the road or spend 14 hours driving one day. We would get to the port around noon the day before sailing.

For us, it makes sense to arrive the morning of the cruise and park at the terminal.

I know this is a two year bump.  We're in the same boat.  We'll have two kids in the car (17 & 9).  We want to plan arriving fairly early to park.  First cruise for us.  

How difficult is it to navigate down by the port?  Are things clearly marked?

Hi, I had to blink twice when I saw this post as I was the original poster.  Just to update I will tell you things went very smoothly and if driving again to Ft. Lauderdale I would not hesitate to use them again.  Trickiest part was the little turnaround getting into the lot.  Easy off the freeway, parked car and pickup van was right behind us to grab out bags.  No waiting for others, we were given a slip with our parking number on it, followed the advice of driver and took a picture.  Delivered right to the door.  Upon return it was a quick call and driver arrived promptly and drove us to our car.  Upon exiting the attendant handed us both a bottle of ice cold water...how nice is that.  

Very Easy....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ZSandy25 said:

Hi, I had to blink twice when I saw this post as I was the original poster.  Just to update I will tell you things went very smoothly and if driving again to Ft. Lauderdale I would not hesitate to use them again.  Trickiest part was the little turnaround getting into the lot.  Easy off the freeway, parked car and pickup van was right behind us to grab out bags.  No waiting for others, we were given a slip with our parking number on it, followed the advice of driver and took a picture.  Delivered right to the door.  Upon return it was a quick call and driver arrived promptly and drove us to our car.  Upon exiting the attendant handed us both a bottle of ice cold water...how nice is that.  

Very Easy....

Was it Park N Ride or Park N Go?  There seem to be so many 😂

1 minute ago, richwmn said:

That sounds a little more like Park N Ride, although both are very similar

We'll most likely park at the port (covered and walking distance).  

One thing I forgot to ask you was getting out of the Port parking.  I noticed today it's a 2,000 spot garage 🤣

I understand not all 2,000 people will be leaving at the same time, but I've seen a few comments on it being quite hectic getting out of there.

18 minutes ago, kantonburg said:

We'll most likely park at the port (covered and walking distance).  

One thing I forgot to ask you was getting out of the Port parking.  I noticed today it's a 2,000 spot garage 🤣

I understand not all 2,000 people will be leaving at the same time, but I've seen a few comments on it being quite hectic getting out of there.

A lot will depend on how many ships are in port, and how early you leave. I have not driven to the port in many years, but I had a friend pick me up in Feb, got off early and the traffic wasn't too bad. Driving into the port for that trip the traffic was backed up at the port entrance, but not bad once we passed that area.

Remember that everyone leaving the ships has to leave the port area. There are no hotels within the port, so everyone on all ships has to get out somehow.

A few years ago we went to Park n Go and when the attendant requested the car keys my husband left and parked at the FLL parking garage.  He had a Camaro then (now has Dodge Challenger).  We had read reviews that said that when they returned for the car there were many added miles.    They might like to take our Red Challenger for a spin so do not think we will park there for our November cruise.  

1 hour ago, igar39 said:

A few years ago we went to Park n Go and when the attendant requested the car keys my husband left and parked at the FLL parking garage.  He had a Camaro then (now has Dodge Challenger).  We had read reviews that said that when they returned for the car there were many added miles.    They might like to take our Red Challenger for a spin so do not think we will park there for our November cruise.  

Like the parking attendant in Ferris Bueller. "Uh, you fellas have nothing to worry about. I'm a professional." 🤣

Another vote for Park & Go, we've used them twice. Both times, flawless. Drop off car, board shuttle and 5 minutes later you're at the ship. Coming home we didn't have to wait but 2-3 minutes to be picked up. Delivered right to the car. Load up and out we go.

Cheaper if you reserve and pay ahead. For a 10 day cruise February 2019 it was $97+coin.