Crazy PIZZA question

Domergirl

OK, let me just open by saying that I know I'm crazy, and pizza shouldn't matter. But in my world, it does. Sooooo....moving on from there...

Just got off of a great cruise on the Elation. The service on that ship was great. Seriously, a lot of people went above and beyond.

But....one of the only issues I had was the pizza. My daughter and I are pizza freaks, and we hated it. I think we are used to the "new/updated" pizza, which we LOVE. This pizza was...meh. (I know tastes vary, and some people probably love it)

(You can see the pizza I'm used to by looking at the ships in my signature.)

SO...finally...my question...we are looking at planning our next cruise...and I need some PIZZA EXPERT advise. If we book on the Fantasy or the Conquest, are we going to get good pizza, or the pizza we had on the Elation?

Thank you for indulging me in my pizza OCDness.

Haven't been on a Carnival cruise in a while. But have been on the Fantasy and wasn't disappointed. Never been disappointed on any of the Carnival ships we have been on for their pizza. Now Royal Caribbean is a different story...

Early this year on the Splendor the pizza was excellent, had it almost every day. We were on the Elation in December also, tried it twice, couldn't eat it. I hope the Breeze has pizza as good as the Splendor did when we board in January, I'd hate to think they downgraded a good thing.

Edited by martinchem

Dream has the good stuff. I'm glad to hear the Pizza Pirate is the "new". That's what the Fantasy has, so I should be in good shape if that's what we go with!

There were a couple of odd things on the Elation. The pizza was the "old" stuff. For instance, Quattro was not an option.

In the fun shops, they did not have wine bottle stoppers (my favorite souvenir) or the ship magnets that we typically get. Minor things, but just a little odd when you get used to how things are on other ships! We were just on the Ecstasy in September, and I expected the Elation to be very similar...it was actualy quite different, in my opinion.

(But on a positive note...our steward and the laundry staff actually FOUND my daughter's clear orthodontic retainers that had been sent to the laundry in a towel...totally our fault. UNBELIEVABLE. More amazing to me than a needle in a haystack).

The Pizza Pirate was on the Pride. It was very good. Open 24/7. Tell them what you want from their offerings. It's thin but not like a cracker and the sauce was pretty good. My dh was there many times a day. He had it for his early breakfast and a late night snack. Hope you enjoy.

Better than it used to be but it is kind of like a cracker' date=' a little sauce and more cheese.

Good NY or Chicago style it aint[/quote']

I have very low expectations of cruise ship pizza. [emoji50] but the tacos had better be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OK, let me just open by saying that I know I'm crazy, and pizza shouldn't matter. But in my world, it does. Sooooo....moving on from there...

Just got off of a great cruise on the Elation. The service on that ship was great. Seriously, a lot of people went above and beyond.

But....one of the only issues I had was the pizza. My daughter and I are pizza freaks, and we hated it. I think we are used to the "new/updated" pizza, which we LOVE. This pizza was...meh. (I know tastes vary, and some people probably love it)

(You can see the pizza I'm used to by looking at the ships in my signature.)

SO...finally...my question...we are looking at planning our next cruise...and I need some PIZZA EXPERT advise. If we book on the Fantasy or the Conquest, are we going to get good pizza, or the pizza we had on the Elation?

Thank you for indulging me in my pizza OCDness.

Conquest has awesome pizza. Closed out most nights with pizza and fresh hot cookies from Pizza Pirate.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Domergirl, I agree with you!!! We were on the Elation in November and thought the pizza was barely edible. Even the pizza from room service was terrible. Actually, food quality overall was a major disappointment on the Elation. We are sailing in January on the Ecstasy. I'd love to hear more on how you feel the two ships compare!