Killing time in Miami Post Cruise

LoraJ

When we return from our cruise in Miami, our flight does not depart until 8pm. The ship excursion doesn't really interest me and still would make us have a lot of time to kill at the airport.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a pool/beach or someplace we could go to for the day where we could keep our luggage safe and be able to relax? Or would we be able to check our luggage in at the airport early and then Uber to somewhere?

Why not just rent a car? You would have someplace to store your luggage, and transportation to wherever you like, including to the airport. And then just drop it off at the airport when you're done with it. We did this in Ft Lauderdale when we had a late flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You can store your bags, for a fee, at both the MIA and FLL airport. Most airlines will not allow you to check your bags until 3-4 hours prior to departure.

Another option is the Luggage Lounge in Miami Beach: http://sobevee.wixsite.com/luggageloungemiami

If you choose not to rent a car, after storing your bags at MIA you can use the MIA airport flyer bus to get to South Beach for about $3 each :cool:

http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/bus-airport-flyer.asp

Finally, I would check with Blue Heron's blog - she is a frequent poster on this board and is a south FLA local -who sometimes suggests local hotels offering pool/spa/day pass rates. Availability will depend upon demand and when you cruise.

Good luck! :)

We rented a car with Budget at the Miami airport after our cruise almost 2 years ago. You catch the budget shuttle to the airport for free, rent your car. We drove up along the strip in South Beach. Parked in a paid lot maybe $5 and walked along South Beach. There were many restaurants in the area.

We just kept our luggage in the trunk of the car. Then we went to a mall as well before we headed to the airport.

We did self debarkation and was off the ship and in our car rental by 9am. It was super quick and easy. And well worth it to see parts of Miami.

We rented a car with Budget at the Miami airport after our cruise almost 2 years ago. You catch the budget shuttle to the airport for free, rent your car. We drove up along the strip in South Beach. Parked in a paid lot maybe $5 and walked along South Beach. There were many restaurants in the area.

We just kept our luggage in the trunk of the car. Then we went to a mall as well before we headed to the airport.

We did self debarkation and was off the ship and in our car rental by 9am. It was super quick and easy. And well worth it to see parts of Miami.

Thanks!

Rented a car today and it was not expensive at all. Just made sure I had enough trunk space. Thinking about doing South Beach and the Design District.