Anthem of the Seas- drink package and cabin question

Hi everyone! My boyfriend, daughter, her friend and I are going on the Anthem of the Seas the end of August 2017. It's in great part a college graduation plus 21st b-day gift/celebration for my daughter. I have two questions: 1) We currently have inside rooms, but my bf is leery of no balcony and only the virtual one. Any feedback? 2) Is the deluxe drink package worth it? I'm not sure how much drinks are on board and my boyfriend and I are not heavy drinkers. Plus, I'm debating whether or not to buy the drink package for my daughter now that she's 21. She's a great young lady, but "free drink pass" and having her friend a long.....hmmm...Thinking if she has to buy those drinks she might be a little more careful. Input on both appreciated. Thanks !

1: I did not like the set up nor the look of the VB. Other people have no issues with it. But I use a real balcony daily for the fresh air and other things.

2: drinks run $9-14. The package may not be shared and covers up to $12 drinks. So maybe if her friend doesn't get it, that may be a factor. Can't have one drinking without having to worry about a final bill and the other wanting to keep up

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi everyone! My boyfriend, daughter, her friend and I are going on the Anthem of the Seas the end of August 2017. It's in great part a college graduation plus 21st b-day gift/celebration for my daughter. I have two questions: 1) We currently have inside rooms, but my bf is leery of no balcony and only the virtual one. Any feedback? 2) Is the deluxe drink package worth it? I'm not sure how much drinks are on board and my boyfriend and I are not heavy drinkers. Plus, I'm debating whether or not to buy the drink package for my daughter now that she's 21. She's a great young lady, but "free drink pass" and having her friend a long.....hmmm...Thinking if she has to buy those drinks she might be a little more careful. Input on both appreciated. Thanks !

Drink package: http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2315750

Cabin choice: if you can afford it, go for a balcony cabin. If not, enjoy your virtual balcony. :)

Thanks and good points! I'm fairly sure her friend is getting it. I wasn't even thinking of that while debating what to do from "mom perspective. " :)

Another "mom" perspective.

If they each have the package, they will feel comfortable discarding a drink that they may have left unattended. You don't want to take any chances with anyone else having put anything in their drinks.

:)

Only you knows your DD and her friend. Do you think they will enjoy themselves but still be safe with unlimited alcohol then go for it better than a big bill at the end of the cruise. It includes soda, coffee, bottled water and fresh squeezed oj so not just alcohol.

If you are truly worried she would go way overboard with it then don't get it. No one can make that decision for you, she might be 21 but she is still your baby. ;)

I agree if you can swing it go for a balcony so nice to have your personal outside space. If its to much money no worries go and enjoy yourself. You will most likely use your cabin less without a balcony just sleeping and changing. That's okay plenty of space on the ship.

Keep your eyes open...lately there seems to have been many balcony guarantees opening up for Anthem. Only draw back is that if you have multiple cabins they might not wind up near each other...Also on our trip after final pay the balconies really bottomed out - if that happens on yours you might be able to upgrade:)

We love a balcony room and won't cruise without one. We also love the drink package...Not because we drink a lot but because we don't have to worry about how much we are spending. It's very easy to have a couple of bloody Mary's in the morning while sitting by the pool...Then it gets hot so it's time for a few ice drinks...After a few mud slides, we have had enough to meet the cost of the package.

She's your daughter...You've raised her and impressed your values into her. I'm sure she will be fine and you will be proud of her values and decisions

Sent from Psycho's iPad using Forums

Another "mom" perspective.

If they each have the package, they will feel comfortable discarding a drink that they may have left unattended. You don't want to take any chances with anyone else having put anything in their drinks.

:)

Safety first :) great advice!

Hi everyone! My boyfriend, daughter, her friend and I are going on the Anthem of the Seas the end of August 2017. It's in great part a college graduation plus 21st b-day gift/celebration for my daughter. I have two questions: 1) We currently have inside rooms, but my bf is leery of no balcony and only the virtual one. Any feedback?

Here's what an inside looks like on Anthem.

attachment.php?attachmentid=401100&d=1483384499

Virtual balcony view.

attachment.php?attachmentid=401101&d=1483384499

P1040908.jpg.f1668b2aed6c644f25afb6f402dcefb1.jpg

P1040907.jpg.d81b4b4e88482893ac068cc50dd24653.jpg

Edited by robtulipe