Specialty Dining Time/Night Selection

Opie

What are considered "good" or "not so good" times for specialty dining? We are on the Reflection 12/31 for a week and trying to decide which nights/times to reserve when we board. The first night is New Year's Eve -- thinking about perhaps doing it the first night unless there's something I'm missing here.

On the first night, you should be able to get a discount of 20% or more. As for premium days and times, the first ones to fill up are usually the "formal" nights which are often 2 and 6. The times that usually fill up first are around 7 pm.

I guess I don't understand the question. They won't give you a reservation if the restaurant is already fully booked. If they allow a reservation then it's a good time. First night we have always gotten 50% discounts, but that may not hold true on NYE especially or if there is already a demand for seating.

We have the 20% offer if we book in advance, but I know that we could possibly do better if we wait and book on board. For our next sailing, however, it's just a four night trip, so I'm thinking there may be less opportunity for bigger discounts. I'm also seeing time slots filling up in advance. If we do book in advance (and pay for it), would we be able to change once on board if we wanted to do a different night (with or without a discount)?

What are considered "good" or "not so good" times for specialty dining? We are on the Reflection 12/31 for a week and trying to decide which nights/times to reserve when we board. The first night is New Year's Eve -- thinking about perhaps doing it the first night unless there's something I'm missing here.

Good question. We usually try not to book specialty restaurants on Chic nights because the regular menus are usually special on those nights. If you wait until you are on board you can check out the entertainment and pick a night where you are not interested in the show. And as stated if you are not too concerned about the night you can see if a discount might be available especially on the first night.