All adults in cabin MUST purchase soda beverage package?!?

FlyingFishy

Hello!

Cruising in a few weeks on Koningsdam. When purchasing online, under the description of all beverage packages, it states: "All guests booked in the same stateroom must also purchase the package." However, when I go to purchase a soda package for myself online, and I do a mock purchase, there seems to be no requirement of purchasing a soda package for my husband as well.

Does anyone have experience with this scenario? I just don't want to find out that my husband will automatically be billed for a soda package if I go ahead with a solo purchase for myself.

It's not a huge deal, I would just like to know. Thank you so much!

I know, it's weird .

On Carnival it automatically will make you purchase alcohol drink packages for all occupants .

On HAL I have bought one for my mom only ( 3 in a room ) .. it never made me buy 3 ( but we did have 2 free pkgs but I don't think the indulgence site knew that )

I know you are talking about the soda packages but I assume it's the same way.. I'd buy one and see if it goes through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by IndyDenise

Perhaps if you buy online beforehand, it will work. But I can report that they made us buy both when purchasing on board the Eurodam two weeks ago. Complaining didn't help, but I did not try complaining too much. Just when we bought (actually, was my H, I probably would have done the math at decided against it) and once at the front desk.

Edited by rubytue

I know, it's weird .

On Carnival it automatically will make you purchase alcohol drink packages for all occupants .

On HAL I have bought one for my mom only ( 3 in a room ) .. it never made me buy 3 ( but we did have 2 free pkgs but I don't think the indulgence site knew that )

I know you are talking about the soda packages but I assume it's the same way.. I'd buy one and see if it goes through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I may try it... was hoping someone else was the guinea pig first. ;)

Perhaps if you buy online beforehand, it will work. But I can report that they made us buy both when purchasing on board the Eurodam two weeks ago. Complaining didn't help, but I did not try complaining too much. Just when we bought (actually, was my H, I probably would have done the math at decided against it) and once at the front desk.

Thank you for the information!

Believe that ALL beverage packages of any kind require all in the room to get it (all over the drinking age for alcohol packages obviously)

Best way to check is call HAL Ship Services and ask

Thank you. I was hoping to avoid making a phone call. I have a fear of phones :eek::D

These policies, requiring everyone in the same room to purchase identical beverage packages, only exist because of passengers being dishonest in the past. One person would buy a package and then share the drinks with their cabin mates. If more people were honest, we wouldn't have this rule.

My advise is to pay for each drink as you go, because most beverage packages are not that good of deal, unless you drink lots of beverages.

I purchased the soda package for my wife who drinks a lot of it. I pay by the drink because I don't use as much as she does. I don't know if my nephew drinks soda or in what quantity, but I'll find out. (He's an athlete and I don't want him getting off his nutrition plan too much since he'll be playing baseball in a couple of months.)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by geduffer

Purchased $250 beverage card for us. Did not have to buy two. One was enough for 14 days.

An even money beverage card is not the same as a beverage package, and has a different set of rules attached.