Tour Recommendations for Spain on Royal Princess

foxylady47

We are taking the Royal Princess Transatlsntic cruise leaving Barcelona, Spain onOcyobet 31, 3027. Wondering about tour recommendations (private tour recommendations and contacts as well) for our ports: Valencia, Cartagena, Gibraltar, Seville/Cadiz, Santa Cruz De Tenerife, Canary Islands. We are in port at Gibraltar from 8am-11pm and Santa Cruz De Tenerife from 8am - 9 pm. Most of the Princess tours end very early. From experience, we have often been able to find far better tours for equal or less money than going through Orincess. Any advice and/or recommendations would be appreciated.

foxylady47-

There is VERY active roll call board for this cruise. There are already private tours arranged and some might still have openings. Here's a link to the board: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2287876

John aka "The Rabbit" will give you directions as to how to sign up so you can view the website with all the information. We are on the cruise before this one. Many people are doing both cruises so I monitor both boards.

<<<Karen>>>

Edited by gkkapp

We are taking the Royal Princess Transatlsntic cruise leaving Barcelona, Spain onOcyobet 31, 3027. Wondering about tour recommendations (private tour recommendations and contacts as well) for our ports: Valencia, Cartagena, Gibraltar, Seville/Cadiz, Santa Cruz De Tenerife, Canary Islands. We are in port at Gibraltar from 8am-11pm and Santa Cruz De Tenerife from 8am - 9 pm. Most of the Princess tours end very early. From experience, we have often been able to find far better tours for equal or less money than going through Orincess. Any advice and/or recommendations would be appreciated.

I'm guessing that you're asking about the Spanish Passage cruise from Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale sailing on October 21, 2017? :confused:

If so, there's a very active roll call with many independent tour options. Although many are reserved, there are waiting lists & also new tours are being added. There is a great site set up with a lot of useful cruise related information.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2287876&page=79

foxylady47-

There is VERY active roll call board for this cruise. There are already private tours arranged and some might still have openings. Here's a link to the board: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2287876

John aka "The Rabbit" will give you directions as to how to sign up so you can view the website with all the information. We are on the cruise before this one. Many people are doing both cruises so I monitor both boards.

<<<Karen>>>

You type faster than me! :o :p

Edited by Astro Flyer

Valencia- Princess San Jose Cave Boat Ride excursion was awesome! Do NOT book independent! This is about 45 min from Valencia, and we were about 30 min late back to the ship from it due to delays with the boat ride. Thank goodness it was a Princess excursion.

Gibraltar- go all over the Rock. This can be done easily on your own. We walked up the Mediterranean Steps and wound our way back down via the Caves, Apes Den, etc. you can take a taxi, too.

Barcelona- HOHO bus is affordable and gives a great overview of the city

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In Valencia we did booked the tour to the Lladro factory, through Princess. It is simply amazing. All of the porcelain is made by hand. We watched a lady making the individual flower petals. The showroom is spectacular, with many retired pieces, including a Cinderella pumpkin carriage and Cleopatra's barge. This was a "bucket list" visit for me. A couple of ladies even started crying, it was that beautiful.