Booking shows on the Magic?

DK_JK

Thanks. At the time of the show, or when you get on the ship?

You do not need to make reservations for the shows on Carnival (unlike some entertainment venues on some cruise lines) - simply show up in the theater/showroom ahead of the start time. The earlier you arrive, the better seating choices you will have.

Edited by joepeka

Most shows in the big auditorium don't fill up to capacity...just not the greatest seats if you arrive late. The place to arrive super early is the comedy shows. That tends to fill up quickly....but of course if you sit in front, expect to get some abuse!

One reason we like Carnival is that we don't have to "book" much of anything before we are on board!

You don't book shows and even the paid restaurants can often be booked when on the ship.

We really dislike those cruise lines where you need reservations for dinner at different venues and you need reservations for shows etc.

We cruise to relax!

the doors to the theater open 30 minutes in advance to show time. Show up during that time to get a seat

This is exactly why I carry my Kindle or a paperback with me EVERYWHERE.:D I end up sitting in a lounge or the theater because I know I have to show up early or I won't get a decent seat. DH particularly likes to sit as close to the front as possible during shows (I have NO idea why) so he likes for one of us to be in there saving seats the moment the doors open.