Main pool on the escape

Klcruising

After 2 kids drowned in the pool on the Breakaway, the change was made.

Wow - I never connected that with the pool policy. It was all ages prior to that incident?

I agree about the family pool - we thought it was a great hangout with the kids. Maybe it was just our timing, but we never had more than 3-4 other people in there with us. It was usually a much quieter scene than the adult area.

Wow - I never connected that with the pool policy. It was all ages prior to that incident?

I agree about the family pool - we thought it was a great hangout with the kids. Maybe it was just our timing, but we never had more than 3-4 other people in there with us. It was usually a much quieter scene than the adult area.

When we were on the BA before the drowning, the adult pool flip flopped from all to adult. There were over 1000 kids onboard, and there was an adult only sign that would come and go.

Not sure if this helps, my son was 11 and could have cared less about the family pool, he was all over the water slides and the ropes course. We actually hung out at the Waves bar most of the time, we could always get a seat and it was great people watching. I never went into the adult pool. Kids were allowed to hang out in the area.

This is all great feedback! I did not start this to create an argument you all think it's my way or the highway , this is not the he case , I just thought it was strange that you already have an adults only area and then on another part of the ship you have another! This is a family cruise not adults only cruise right? Any way I will sail this ship as it is paid for and I'm sure I will enjoy it ,it is what it is, and as for kids drowning on another vessel that is sad ! But where were the parents ? My kids are not 5 but I still watch them like a hawk for this very reason. They do prefer deeper water as they are good swimmers and enjoy diving down deeper but on this ship there is plenty of things to keep them occupied....... this is my last post on this topic , it would be cool to meet some of you fellow cruise critics on the sailing I'll be on , happy voyages to all!

I just booked a cruise on this boat today and found out the main pool is possible adult only until 5 pm . I am kind of ticked off at this as if there is going to be a "adult" only situation it should be a side show not main stage (so to speak) it makes me feel like canceling , I have cruised on many other boats and the main pool area has never been designated adult only ...... What is everybody's thoughts on this , I plan on sailing this vessel in April 2017

The Main Pool is "adult only"everyday not only sea days. There is a lot of drinking and partying at this pool. Because the pool itself is not very big there is quite a crush of people in it and around it. The pool near the aqua slide is for families, it is the same size, I think you will be happy there. Assuming you are ok with sharing space with kids.

I'm going on this ship in a month with my three kids. I don't plan on sticking my kids in the clubs all the time either. I like to go away with my family to be with my family. That being said, I doubt that this will impact your trip in a negative way. This ship seems amazing. But if your that particular and you like things a certain way, do what your used to. Me? I like surprises. But I'm just a hippie. :)

Good luck with what you chose!

I was on the Escape November 2015 and I thought both pool areas were for all ages. Because it was Thanksgiving we had over 1200 kids on the ship my husband and I went nowhere near either pool but hung around the adult grotto area which is a nice area too.

But today I just booked the Escape again and until I read this thread I had no idea there was an adult pool. I am a little bit excited about this but I can understand your frustration.

I think though you will enjoy the ship with the rock walls and all the other exciting places they had for young children and older children.

Whichever you choose I hope you and your family have a great time! :)

Not going to win me over on this one not a lounger in site and I'm used to enjoying watching the band and kids at same time and if I want to go swimming with them I can without leaving main area

I just got off this cruise. There is one area on "the bridge" between the adult pool and kid's area where you can sit on a lounger and watch both the stage and the kids pool/slide/splash area. It's deck 17 so above the actual pool deck, but the bridge is narrow enough that you can sit on one side and still see the other side. It worked for us, but our kids are 10 and 11 and good swimmers. If yours are little or weaker swimmers, and you need to be in arm's reach, this won't work for you either.

Many parents swam in the kids pool. It's 5 feet deep and you can still hear the main pool entertainment and possible see some of it from the poolside.

A word of note about kids swimming alone: If the boat is rocking, the water sloshes in the pool. It becomes sort of a wave pool with a current. Great fun if you can swim, dangerous if you can't. My family personally helped a couple of children who were too young to be swimming on their own get to the side of the pool. So be aware of that with your own kids.

We really enjoyed the ship! Hope you have a good cruise regardless of which line you decide to go with!