Photo Review: RCCL Serenade of the Seas 10/9/16 New England & Canada

enhance

enhance

enhance

And we capped off the night where we spent many others throughout the week - the Schooner Bar listening to Derrek Wayne. While much of the music played was standard to piano sign-along variety, it did fit with the general demographic onboard. Derrek did play a few songs per our requests throughout the week.

enhance

enhance

Up next, tomorrow in Bar Harbor, Maine...

Great pictures! Boston is like a second home for me and I love seeing other people's pictures of places I've been. It also has been a few years since we were last on Serenade and I'm looking forward to seeing the ship again.

Thanks!

Bar Harbor is a tender port. We had booked an excursion through Royal so we assembled in the main theater with the 500 other people who booked a shore excursion for the day. We booked the Best of Acadia National Park and Cadillac Mountain excursion that was scheduled to last 6 hours (from 10am until 4pm). The cost of the tour was $125.75 per person.

Once our number was finally called in the theater, we tendered into port and were immediately ushered onto our bus for the day.

Here's the description of the excursion from Royal's website:

Best of Acadia National Park and Cadillac Mountain - BY02

Explore Bar Harbor and tour the wilds of Acadia National Park, soaking up the ambiance of Maine's Northeast Harbor. Begin with a scenic drive through the magnificent coastal landscape along Park Loop Road. Make your way to the Northeast Harbor, home to a colony of seals and some of the wealthiest families in America, including the Rockefellers and Fords. After a mouthwatering lobster lunch, continue to a series of scenic stops along the coast.

Enjoy a multi-faceted tour of Bar Harbor’s most scenic areas. You’ll visit Sieur de Mont Springs Nature Center and learn about Acadia National Park's varied wildlife. Marvel at Thunder Hole, where ocean swells converge against granite, stop for photos at the Jordan Pond House, set against the Penobscot Mountains and Bubbles Hill, and admire the magnificent summit of 1532-foot Cadillac Mountain. Then, pass the summer homes of Mount Desert Island's most famous residents before enjoying a delectable lobster lunch with blueberry dessert.

Highlights:

• Sieur de Mont Springs Nature Center: Learn about Acadia National Park's rich and varied wildlife.

• Jordan Pond House: Looking north toward The Bubbles, a pair of glacially-sculpted mounds.

• Mount Desert Island: View the summer homes of the Island’s most famous residents — Martha Stewart, the Rockefellers, and the Fords.

• Thunder Hole: Watch as ocean swells converge against the granite cliffs, creating a thunderous roar.

First stop Cadillac Mountain. I felt like I could have used much more time at this stop to explore and take pictures (while Alaina thought the time for this stop was appropriate).

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Next stop was lunch which was included in the cost of our excursion. I think this was the first time I had ever had a full lobster! It was also the first time I ever ate mussels. The lobsters, mussels & corn on the cob were all cooked in huge pots for the group. There were also some other sides available as well that I didn't have. This lunch was thoroughly enjoyable and among the most memorable of the cruise.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance