Photo Review: RCCL Serenade of the Seas 10/9/16 New England & Canada

After lunch the bus headed back to port. I can't say enough great things about our tour for the day. I thought it was a great overview of Acadia National Park that included a variety of stops. The only downfall (if forced to give any) was the time spent in the bus. Similar to the prior day, by the end of this day we had about enough of sitting in a bus. Also, since the tour was longer, it didn't allow much time at all to explore the port area before we had to catch the last of the tenders back to the ship. We had about 15 minutes which only allowed enough time to go into one or two shops before getting into the tender line. The tenders were running behind. I think we waited in line for about 30 minutes in line for the tender before we got back to the ship.

enhance

The tender line...

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

The next morning I was up early, so I walked around the ship to take pictures. I normally do this at least once during a week onboard. It's so peaceful when no one else is up yet. And I like catching at least one sunrise from the top decks.

I will say I thought the overall condition of the ship was really nice. All of the interior spaces were in really good condition. I was a little bit concerned in advance knowing this was an older ship (circa 2003), but it was clear since the refurbishment many of the interior spaces had been upgraded. The only areas that I noticed that showed wear was really the exterior spaces. The outdoor spaces could definitely use some work. Because of the itinerary and time of the year, we spent most of the time indoors, aside from sail-aways.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

The Cinema was literally one of my favorite places on the ship. On the one sea day Alaina and I watched You Before Me (and cried like babies). Another night I went to a later movie myself (Nerve). Both were really enjoyable. There was probably about 50 seats in the theater and on sea days just about every seat was taken. So if you see a movie advertised that you'd like to see, get there early to get a seat! It seemed like most movies had two showings at different times. I just wish we would have discovered the Cinema earlier in the week.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance