Photo Review: RCCL Serenade of the Seas 10/9/16 New England & Canada

Here's a picture from dinner that night in the main dining room. Alaina & I made friends with these three and we had a standing nightly meeting time at Ritas Cantina for drinks. To give some explanation for this picture (which you'll need if you're looking closely at each of our desserts on the table that evening). Anyways, several nights before Alaina and I were in the main dining room. For dessert, I had ordered two scoops of whatever kind of ice cream was on the menu that night. When it arrived at our table, it was presented with one ladyfiger between the two scoops. Needless to say we had a good laugh about it, and discussed the incident with our friends at Rita's over drinks when they had asked us how dinner was the night before. So, it only seemed fitting when we all went to dinner together that we order two scoops of ice cream with ladyfingers all around! :D

enhance

Our last port was Halifax. We had booked the following tour through the ship. The cost was $69.75 per person. I have to say, Peggy's Cove was one of my favorite stops on this cruise. I could have spent all day exploring the area and taking pictures of the rocks and lighthouse! The time spent at Peggy's Cove was barely enough to take some pictures of the lighthouse and walk over the hill to get a few pictures of the fishing village (which was also super cute). We really didn't have any time to go into any of the few shops they had. After Peggy's Cove, we headed back to Halifax for the double checker tour. I probably could have lived without the double decker portion, but it was nice to get an overview of the city with some commentary. We didn't get off at any of the stops, just rode it through the full cycle.

Peggy's Cove and Double Decker City Tour - HX20

Journey along the coastal roads to a rustic working fishing village and then explore the big city at your own pace. You’ll begin with a panoramic drive to Peggy’s Cove, a local fishing village with captivating charm. See the old lighthouse and watch the local fishermen bring in the day’s catch. Head back into Halifax and hop on the colorful and brightly painted Big Pink double-decker buses that takes you to the best spots in the city.

Highlights:

• Lighthouse Route: Wind through coastal shipbuilding towns and fishing communities along a route lined with over 20 lighthouses.

• Peggy’s Cove: Appreciate this picturesque seaside fishing village, an inspiration for artists and writers, and see its stately lighthouse.

• Halifax Double Decker: See city sights with freedom as you enjoy hop-on/hop-off on a fully guided route.

What to Bring:

• SeaPass card and photo identification

• Camera

• Sun protection

• Cash/credit cards

• Rain gear

What to Wear:

• Hat and sunglasses

• Walking shoes

Important Notes:

• Fully guided Halifax Double Deckers operate every 20-30 minutes, stopping at major sites.

• All-day Double Decker pass included.

• Big Pink "accordion" coaches may also be used.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance