will they let me add an adult son to our feb balcony room

Loodlow

Our college senior is have some depression/anxiety issues, and is receiveing treatment, he lives with us and I am afraid to leave him alone next month for our 7 days on the dream. We are in a regular balcony room, will they let me add him to our room at this late date? How much should I expect to pay? tia

You will need to have a 3 person cabin and hope that the ship isn't at capacity. As far as how much it will cost, there's no way of knowing without going online and doing a mock booking for 3. I would call Carnival if you booked direct or your TA if you went that route ASAP to make sure it won't be an issue.

Definitely call ASAP. It is most likely possible, you will just have to be in a 3 person room (or moved to one if yours isn't...I think most balcony's are and the couch is considered a bed). He will pay whatever the current 3rd person rate is. When they are sold out of cabins and at capacity is the only time it would be problem. Every passenger has to have a seat on the lifeboat, so it's possible to not be able to add a 3rd person in a 3 person room due to that. But for Feb, I think it would be fine.

Edited by sanger727

Even though most balconies are capable of having 3 or 4 people in them, the overall booked capacity has to be taken into consideration.

It's possible based on this design to have the ship sailing at maximum capacity, but still have empty cabins.

We are in a regular balcony room, will they let me add him to our room at this late date? How much should I expect to pay?

...will just have to be in a 3 person room (or moved to one if yours isn't...I think most balcony's are and the couch is considered a bed). He will pay whatever the current 3rd person rate is.

True that all standard balcony cabins have a sofa but not all of the sofas convert to a bed as the rear cushions can't be removed. Only a limited number convert to triples/quads.

If your current balcony cabin is already set up as a triple, you just add your son at the 3rd passenger rate.

But if your current balcony cabin does not support a 3rd and you have to move cabins, it could also result in a higher cruise fare for passengers 1 and 2. Reason being that if the current cabin is in a lower category like an 8C Empress Deck 7 ( ex. originally booked at $849 + $849) and the only currently available Balcony Triples to move to are 8H Lido Deck 9 (ex. currently $999 + $999 + Current 3rd Pax Rate) you will pay the difference up to the current best available 8H triple fare for all 3.

Edited by AdGuyMG

This sounds very similar to what we did on our upcoming 1/16 cruise on Triumph, but we made the change about two months prior so I would definitely call ASAP. We felt we needed to add our daughter who is experiencing a marriage break-up...

We had a lido balcony cabin that I was happy with, but the only 3-person lido balcony that remained was near the elevators, but we took it. So to the person(s) that got our original cabin (9282) you can thank me later with a drink :p

I think we added another $400 or so to the total fare, which I felt was rather reasonable, but we are on a 5-day cruise.

Edited by katmike

Our college senior is have some depression/anxiety issues, and is receiveing treatment, he lives with us and I am afraid to leave him alone next month for our 7 days on the dream. We are in a regular balcony room, will they let me add him to our room at this late date? How much should I expect to pay? tia

No one here knows, call Carnival

Sorry to hear about your son, I have a graduating college senior as well. To answer your question as long as there is availability for a 3 person cabin and as long as it is not a lower category as what you have you should be able to add him. My brother had a 3 person cabin for our cruise this past November and needed to add a fourth, he was in an oceanview so he had to move up to a balcony only because there were no more 4 person oceanviews available in his category but do call Carnival ASAP. By the way he paid an additional 450 to do so. Best of luck to you and your family.

True that all standard balcony cabins have a sofa but not all of the sofas convert to a bed as the rear cushions can't be removed. Only a limited number convert to triples/quads.

Depends on the ship. On Conquest Class ships, the standard cabins with sofas are all the same as in all the back cushions are removable. It has nothing to do with the sofa itself, but rather how many people the room is rated for due to lifeboat capacity in that area, etc.

This sounds very similar to what we did on our upcoming 1/16 cruise on Triumph, but we made the change about two months prior so I would definitely call ASAP. We felt we needed to add our daughter who is experiencing a marriage break-up...

We had a lido balcony cabin that I was happy with, but the only 3-person lido balcony that remained was near the elevators, but we took it. So to the person(s) that got our original cabin (9282) you can thank me later with a drink :p

I think we added another $400 or so to the total fare, which I felt was rather reasonable, but we are on a 5-day cruise.

You welcome. Just kidding. We've had cabin 9269 ever since we booked this cruise in late November. Just want to say we're on the same cruise. And speaking from experience we find cabins near the elevators no louder than having a cabin midway down the corridor. Especially when we have a bunch of kids running up and down the hallways at all hours of the night.

You welcome. Just kidding. We've had cabin 9269 ever since we booked this cruise in late November. Just want to say we're on the same cruise. And speaking from experience we find cabins near the elevators no louder than having a cabin midway down the corridor. Especially when we have a bunch of kids running up and down the hallways at all hours of the night.

We're in 9274. Looks like the glass elevators are a direct line-of-sight from our cabin door, but at least there's that "buffer pathway" to the open lido area. Good to know you don't think it should be too noisy.