Escape entertainment

rethier

Does anyone have any recommendations on entertainment on the ship? Something that's not to be missed while others just ok? (My husband and I are both in our 30s.)

How were the supper clubs? (For the record vs cabaret) and the two main shows? (Million dollar quartet and before midnight)

Has anyone been to the lunch wine tasting show or done the wine tastings at the cellar? Worth the extra charge?

What about the house live music bands?

Any kind of feedback would be appreciated thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Million Dollar Quartet is not on the ship any more and it is After Midnight (not before midnight). I did not go to After Midnight, but my sister did and she said it was terrible. As far as For the Record: The Brat Pack...

DO NOT MISS IT!!!!!!!

It is amazing; the best show, at sea, that I have ever seen. It is PG 16. Here is a little preview

. In this video, it shows the Brat Pack in the Supper Club (its original home) but it has moved into the Escape theatre and this video doesn't do it justice. It has much improved since the video was made. The best part is that this show was structured SPECIFICALLY fot THIS ship.

I don't know when your sailing is but Harry Maurer, the magician, is either on board now or will be soon. He will be on untill sometime in February. He is amazing and you should not miss him if he is on.

The talent in After Midnight is light years better than the talent in The Brat Pack show; however, the Brat Pack show seems to appeal to more people. I was a teen in the 80's and I loved the memories the Brat Pack show evoked. I also loved After Midnight, and would highly recommend it if you enjoy the artistic aspects of song and dance, or if you enjoy the music from the Cotton Club era.

I liked Million Dollar Quartet the best of all, and it sucks that it's no longer on Escape, but awesome for Getaway cruisers.

Does anyone have any recommendations on entertainment on the ship? Something that's not to be missed while others just ok? (My husband and I are both in our 30s.)

How were the supper clubs? (For the record vs cabaret) and the two main shows? (Million dollar quartet and before midnight)

Has anyone been to the lunch wine tasting show or done the wine tastings at the cellar? Worth the extra charge?

Million dollar quartet is on the Getaway. After midnight was not my cup of tea, but from what I did see, very talented performers. The brat pack, See it early in the cruise because youll want to see it again. In order to love this show you need to be familiar with the movies Ferris Beuller, pretty in pink, the breakfast club, say anything to really enjoy it. Oh what a night the tribute to Frankie Valli was also amazing. A little cheesy at times but so enjoyable. We saw it in the supper club but did the late show so it was show only, no dinner. We loved loved loved it.

You have some very old entertainment information. Please take at least a minute to look at the NCL website for your questions. https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/escape/whats-on-board/entertainment

The Supper Club currently has some rotating guest performer with a complimentary dinner. You can only book on board.

The Supper Club Cabaret is usually done once (and only once) per cruise by one of the headliners from After Midnight. The show is so-so, but the 5 course dinner is pretty good.

For The Record: The Brat Pack is in the main theater as a complimentary show. Pretty good if you are into John Hughes movies from the 80's (breakfast club, sixteen candles, weird science, etc.).

Million Dollar Quartet ended it's performance on the ship last March.

After midnight is song and dance from the era of the Cotton Club. O.k. Show.

The comedy show in Headliners can be booked once you are on board. Early shows are family oriented. Late shows are 18+. We always book one show and go standby for others.

Edited by BirdTravels

Wow I'm so disappointed about million dollar quartet! But thankful for all the info nonetheless. We're going on the escape in may so the magician will not be performing.. I hope they replace him with someone else.

Has anyone tried the wine tasting supper club?

The nights that the comedians are not in Headliners are the nights when Howl at the Moon takes over. They play from like 900-100 and they are really good at what they do, but the interaction and suggestions from the audience influences how good the show can be. There are sometimes guest appearances like Tyler the Cruise Director on drums or some of the house band members stopping by for a jam session. Saw a rendition of Hotel California back in August that got a standing ovation.

The talent in After Midnight is light years better than the talent in The Brat Pack show; however, the Brat Pack show seems to appeal to more people. I was a teen in the 80's and I loved the memories the Brat Pack show evoked. I also loved After Midnight, and would highly recommend it if you enjoy the artistic aspects of song and dance, or if you enjoy the music from the Cotton Club era.

I liked Million Dollar Quartet the best of all, and it sucks that it's no longer on Escape, but awesome for Getaway cruisers.

Ditto.

The After Midnight cast perform a 45 minute Motown show on the dance floor of the Manhattan dining room. Thursdays at 8:15PM

Do they perform there on every thursday regardless of the itinerary?

Thanks for the tip!