Ft Lauderdale: Hyatt Place, Bahia Mar, Marriot Harbor Beach?

canadianbear

We have just booked a cruise and will be arriving on November 25th in Ft Lauderdale for 4 nights pre-cruise.

I have looked at various hotels (Riverside is above our budget) . I have tried to narrow it down to the 3 mentioned above. We are Canadian so will be paying about 30% exchange rate so I have to keep that in mind.

The Marriot Harbor Beach is through Holland America and is offered in Canadian funds for just under $400 a night.

Bahia Mar for a king partial ocean is $122 US a night at the AAA rate (which I think is really good!)

Hyatt Place 17th Street for a king high floor is $207 US a night.

Any thoughts other than the prices? From what I can tell the Marriott Harbor Beach isn't really walking distance to anything like restaurants. I do have a disability and can only walk about 1 mile at the most at a time so we would have to use taxi or Uber.

Thank you for any comments. I've looked through the threads and am leaning towards Bahia Mar as it shows across from beach, close to restaurants but it seems so reasonable should I be concerned?!! Is it too good to be true?!

Thanks again.

Edited by canadianbear
sp

Hyatt Place 17th is a nice hotel with free shuttle from the airport and free breakfast (good IMO). Next to Harbor Plaza with Publix, Total Wine and a number of other shops and restaurants, plus the Sun Trolley starts/ends here and is a very inexpensive transportation option to the beach and other area (check out their website).

Many cruisers stay here, as it is close to the port.

Edited by DaveOKC

Check pricing for the Marriott if you book yourself. HAL is charging a premium. You should get this one for around $300 with a little hunting.

That, if you can book cheaper would be first choice. Then Bahia Mar. Stay in the tower building for views. Both these are beach locations.

Pricing for Hyatt Pl. will be much less if you book on valuetrips.com. IF you choose that one. Not my choice for four nights.

Edited by eandj

Thanks for your replies. We have only been to Ft Lauderdale once before (and stayed at Hyatt Pier 66 I think it was called but found it was not close to anything including the water taxi but they had a beautiful pool.) We didn't get to look around much that time because my luggage was lost and we were only there 2 nights.

So this time we are planning for 4 nights and we don't need beach front necessarily just a nice pool and close to reasonable restaurants for meals and if possible walking to water taxi to take that tour and stop at places.

Will keep an eye on the Marriott Harbor Beach for booking ourselves. $300 a night would be US though and HAL is charging in Cnd plus it includes transfers.

It's difficult even researching (like on TripAdvisor etc) when we really don't know the area so knew I'd have some good responses from people like you-thank you!

Really enjoy Bahia Mar. Across from beach, with skywalk, making crossing easy. Good pool,too. Prefer the tower rooms, but also have stayed in the other rooms with no problems. Great location for food and drinks.