Dining Advice

Currently aboard the Allure.

Previously we, family of 4, have enjoyed the MDR. Good food and service.

After two nights there, the food has been well... horrendous. The "steak" last night that was recommended had gravy on it and reminded me of the salisberry steak served in a high school cafeteria!

Service consists of two extremely nice servers who are freshly learning english, and a third who only smiles big when you talk to her.

Current dilemma...

It's 5:30, every single specialty restaurant I've called is book exluding Sabor who won't answer the phone. Not really into the Windjammer or Johnny Rockets.

What's a guy to do?!? [emoji4]

Currently aboard the Allure.

Previously we, family of 4, have enjoyed the MDR. Good food and service.

After two nights there, the food has been well... horrendous. The "steak" last night that was recommended had gravy on it and reminded me of the salisberry steak served in a high school cafeteria!

Service consists of two extremely nice servers who are freshly learning english, and a third who only smiles big when you talk to her.

Current dilemma...

It's 5:30, every single specialty restaurant I've called is book exluding Sabor who won't answer the phone. Not really into the Windjammer or Johnny Rockets.

What's a guy to do?!? [emoji4]

You should try the WJ for dinner. It is much different than Breakfast/Lunch and you might be pleasantly surprised. Not crowded or noisy. Ambient lighting. Nice selection of food.

At least, walk through the WJ and check it out to see if it is suitable

I think you should at least give Windjammer a try. Much different atmosphere at dinner compared to breakfast and lunch.

Granted my only comparison is the Freedom class, but the Windjammer really seems "dumbed down" compared to others. Buffet seems much smaller variety wise.

Also not much if a buffet person I guess...

Sent from my SM-N920P using Forums mobile app

Granted my only comparison is the Freedom class, but the Windjammer really seems "dumbed down" compared to others. Buffet seems much smaller variety wise.

Also not much if a buffet person I guess...

Well, if you don't like the MDR and the specialty venues are full, then you don't have many other options. Sorrento's? I still think you should check out the Windjammer. You can walk out if it is not to your liking.

On Freedom, did you try WJ at dinner, or just breakfast/lunch?

Edited by DonnaK

Interestingly when I walked to Sabor they told me that walk in wouldn't be an issue, but they couldn't put a reservation in after a certain time during the day. Wonder if others are like that as well.

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

Any chance you are in a Junior suite or above and can try to book a res at coastal kitchen? We don't sail on allure until 4/2 but I keep seeing many recommendations for CK.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Suites were sold out by the time I booked. Went with two rooms side by side. Seems most higher level suites sell out quickly.