Flights through RCI

Tenbyman

We are travelling from the UK on Feb 17th to Miami for a cruise on the Navigator. We booked our flights through RCI and have just been informed that we will be flying through New York. Surely at that time of the year it would be better to fly direct to Miami. Flights direct to Miami are cheap at the moment, so I don't see why RCI have done this. By the way the cruisewas booked last February.

thanks for any views.

If it's cheaper to buy your own air now. Cancel the air option you have with Royal Caribbean and just buy the flights you want yourself NOW!. Hopefully you haven't paid your final payment yet. If you haven't, canceling the air option should be no problem at all.

Jimbo:)

You should still be able to cancel your air with RCI and book your own. Then you could get the direct flight you want. When booking air with the cruiseline you trapped by what they give you. Or you could also try custom air with RCI.

We always book our own airfare instead of going through RC. It's cheaper and we have control over when and where we fly. Because we cruise the winter months we have to worry about snow, so we like to fly the day before, which benefited us this past January. We would have missed our cruise if we had not flown in the morning of the day before.

When we originally were looking to book that cruise, it was mentioned about RC flight, but would have cost an extra $50 to schedule a flight the day before. Not worth it.

We use private travel insurance which covers our cruise and flights.

Good luck and happy sailing whatever you decide:)

Tenbyman...we will be on that cruise with you. I have not heard anything about my flights, which I booked through RCI. How did you hear so soon? I live in NY so of course, we always worry about the weather, which is why we booked air through RCI this time.

I have heard so much about the beautiful Navigator. Can't wait to be aboard her!

Archived