so what did you love in Montego bay?

Galleon1234

We've done Sandals Montego Bay 3 times, and that's about it.

lol

Never a cruise port for us.......

But I am looking forward to it, someday.

Jamaica really is a beautiful island, but there is also a lot of poverty and crime. It's a crazy mix. I think excursions are the only way to go! Don't venture off on your own.

We met a couple on our honeymoon, at Sandals, and they went "into town" and they got pulled into some alley, and they told the girl they would cut her finger off to get her ring. Needless to say, she gave up her brand new wedding band/engagement ring and was a horrible MESS! It was awful.:mad:

We were there on the Dream's Christmas Cruise. We did the Carnival excursion to the Appleton Rum Factory. It was a 2 hour ride to the factory, but there was a great buffet lunch, a great tour, and a tasting of the rum that they make. We liked the busride. We got to see a lot of the island, and learned a lot on the trip.

I have been on three land vacations to Jamaica and I love it. Granted we always stay at all inclusives and take excursions. Go on an excursion and see Jamaica. It's absolutely beautiful. Yes, there is proverty. Yes, there is crime. If you stay with a ship excursion you will be fine. Most people go to Dunns River Falls. I would do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The rum factory sounds like a winner.

I do know people whose shore excursion bus was stopped on the road and the passengers robbed. This was a couple of years ago, but wear no good jewelry, no cash beyond tip money and a credit card you don't use much. I carry one with $1000 limit just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were in MoBay on Dec. 21 on the Dream. My husband and I grabbed a taxi out front and went to Doctor's cave Beach. It got crowded but no one hassled us at all. We went to the gift shop right next door and bought a few souvenirs then found another taxi out front,

We were in MoBay on Dec. 21 on the Dream. My husband and I grabbed a taxi out front and went to Doctor's cave Beach. It got crowded but no one hassled us at all. We went to the gift shop right next door and bought a few souvenirs then found another taxi out front,

We thought about doing that. We'll definitely keep it in mind for the future!

CJ

Edited by Cthinva

Dr's Cave makes for a nice beach day. There is a nominal charge to access the private beach as well as a couple of security guards patrolling -- which tends to keep the majority of the riff-raff out.

It does tend to get crowded as the day goes on, but it's fairly serene if one gets there early in the morning.

Wanting lunch after some sun and swimming? Walk or hop in a cab down the road to the Pork Pit for some Jerk. Tasty.:D

Yeah, the street vendors and cabbies are especially pushy there(even relative to most Caribbean islands). Simply do one's best to ignore them. Avoid eye contact and/or a polite "No thanks" and keep walking. Once they see that you're ignoring them, they'll move on to their next target.

WE did the Zipline and bought jerk lunch, then a stop at Margaritaville before back to the ship (bus driver charged us an extra $5pp for dropoff and pickup at Margarittavile with everyone was happy to do, otherwise he would have taken them back to ship as it wasn't part of excursion).

my video:

It was our first time ziplining .... and we loved it. It was a bit hot in the jungle walking from tower to tower but the guides were hysterical and made it a fun, fun, fun excursion. Our bus driver also gave us great tour driving there and back. Highly recommend it.

WE did the Zipline and bought jerk lunch, then a stop at Margaritaville before back to the ship (bus driver charged us an extra $5pp for dropoff and pickup at Margarittavile with everyone was happy to do, otherwise he would have taken them back to ship as it wasn't part of excursion).

my video:

It was our first time ziplining .... and we loved it. It was a bit hot in the jungle walking from tower to tower but the guides were hysterical and made it a fun, fun, fun excursion. Our bus driver also gave us great tour driving there and back. Highly recommend it.

Who you did the tour with?