Miami hotel when flying

TheGaDawgFan

I'm looking for a nice but not crazy expensive hotel for the night before a cruise. Do any offer transportation? I've tried searching this forum but haven't found this specific question.

Are you flying into FLL or MIA?

I'm looking for a nice but not crazy expensive hotel for the night before a cruise. Do any offer transportation? I've tried searching this forum but haven't found this specific question.

When?

The same hotel in August that is $100 is $400 in February.

What is your specific idea of not crazy expensive?

Which port? Port Canaveral has a company called Goportcanaveral.com which arranges a night stay at nearby hotels and has a parking area if you drive there like I am for the length of the cruise with shuttles included. If flying in they might have what they call Snooze-Cruise pkgs there may be similar pkgs for other ports.

Rob G.

We stayed at a place that is now called YVE Miami. Great location, can walk to shopping/dining and a large park across the street. Literally less than a mile from the port, believe they were offering a shuttle service for a small fee but a taxi cost would be minimal also.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Assuming you are flying into MIA and cruising from POM, only a few MIA airport area motels offer both airport and cruise port transport - La Quinta East is the most often suggested. Comfort Suites North is another budget option.

Better hotels in a better area, with nearby shopping and dining options (both the above suggestions are very isolated - plan on delivery pizza :() are found in the Blue Lagoon neighborhood near MIA -- Homewood Suites, Hampton Inn, etc.

Cruised dates and budget will help the suggestions to be more on target. ;)

I'm also interested in this topic so I'm responding to watch this post. We fly in on 3/19 to Miami which is day before our cruise. Looking for somewhere to eat and sleep but also get a glimpse of Miami since we've never been. Nothing crazy high priced but also nothing 1 star either :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm also interested in this topic so I'm responding to watch this post. We fly in on 3/19 to Miami which is day before our cruise. Looking for somewhere to eat and sleep but also get a glimpse of Miami since we've never been. Nothing crazy high priced but also nothing 1 star either :)

Mid-March in south FLA is prime spring break time - expect demand to be high, and hotels to cost more. Budget? :confused:

Downtown Miami hotels often suggested on this board include several in the Mary Brickell area (Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, etc.) with shopping/dining/night life within stumbling distance ;) Other hotels often suggested include the Hyatt, Intercontinental, Doubletree, and various Marriott properties. All will be about a $25+ cab ride from MIA and another $12+ cab will get you to the port the next day. Uber costs will be about 60% of the taxi fares.

Unless you are flying in late and just want a room I would skip airport area hotels.

Do you mean Spanish? Cuban are the people of an island country.

But it's the Cubans that insist on not speaking America's language of English so I mentioned them. The Spanish did not try to keep their language when they came here!

Rob G.

Good luck....it's a real challenge. Either you stay near the airport and near nothing, which gives you a airport shuttle but generally no port shuttle for a ok price....maybe.

Or you pay for a cab to a hotel downtown and pay ALOT of money but are close to the port and will prob have a port shuttle included or very reasonable from a hotel down there.

In ALL my travels for cruises, this is the most expensive and difficult port to co-ordinate hotels/flights/cruises.

Generally 2 nights in a hotel in Miami cost as much as the cruise in my experience.....

Anybody ever stay at this hotel?

Welcome to the boards. That hotel is in Miami Beach, which is a little further away and not as popular for pre-cruise as downtown hotels. I do not recall seeing it mentioned previously on this board. Have you tried trip advisor? :confused:

Mid-March in south FLA is prime spring break time - expect demand to be high, and hotels to cost more. Budget? :confused:

Downtown Miami hotels often suggested on this board include several in the Mary Brickell area (Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, etc.) with shopping/dining/night life within stumbling distance ;) Other hotels often suggested include the Hyatt, Intercontinental, Doubletree, and various Marriott properties. All will be about a $25+ cab ride from MIA and another $12+ cab will get you to the port the next day. Uber costs will be about 60% of the taxi fares.

Unless you are flying in late and just want a room I would skip airport area hotels.

Thank you. We ended up booking something near the airport. If we want to go into Miami we will Uber. Hotels in Miami and Miami Beach are pricey. [emoji857]