Smallest tuxedo rental sizes?

Does anyone have experience of maybe the smallest sizes of tuxedos that are available to rent.... e.g., my 12 year old son.

I wear suits everyday... I despise taking a suit on a cruise... plus, for my son and myself it would probably mean a whole extra suitcase by the time you take suits, shirts, shoes, etc.

I usually rent a tux out of but this would be the first for my son.

It's been awhile but we had no problem renting a tuxedo onboard for my 14 year old son. We ordered ahead of time online.

My other son was 12 and we purchased a tuxedo on eBay for something like $30 if I remember correctly.

We also rented a tux for our then-14 year old son and had no problems.

I took him to a formal wear shop to get his 'official' measurements taken; they were great about doing that for me when I explained it was for a cruise rental. I used those measurements to place the order on-line...even ordered shoes!

The tux was waiting in the stateroom on boarding day. Make sure you have your son try the tux on early, before sail away, because if there is a fit issue they can take care of it before the ship leaves much easier than once underway.

It included two shirts, one for each formal night. It was so nice not to worry about packing one! Just left it in the stateroom the morning we left.

If you rent the shoes, remember to pack dress socks!

thanks for the replies... that makes me feel confident now that it will work. I will let you guys know once I hear a reply.

I don't mind to buy one.. but for us, its just the convienience of not having to lug all the extra stuff.... it is nice to have it waiting on you.

We also rented a tux for our then-14 year old son and had no problems.

I took him to a formal wear shop to get his 'official' measurements taken; they were great about doing that for me when I explained it was for a cruise rental. I used those measurements to place the order on-line...even ordered shoes!

The tux was waiting in the stateroom on boarding day. Make sure you have your son try the tux on early, before sail away, because if there is a fit issue they can take care of it before the ship leaves much easier than once underway.

It included two shirts, one for each formal night. It was so nice not to worry about packing one! Just left it in the stateroom the morning we left.

If you rent the shoes, remember to pack dress socks!

I agree about trying it on the first chance you get. My brother rented one that didn't fit and when he tried to exchange it later, they didn't have one available that fit correctly.