First-Time Cruiser Traditional Dining Question

funonabun

I've searched the forum but couldn't seem to find an answer to my particular question...

We are booked for late seating traditional dining on our upcoming Mexican Riviera cruise on Ruby; do I need to let the maître d' know when we will be missing dinner in the MDR (to attend a show or have dinner in a specialty restaurant instead, for example)? There are 3 of us (tentatively) reserved for a table of 8 and I don't want to inconvenience our tablemates if the protocol is to wait for everyone to arrive...thanks!

Edited by funonabun

I've searched the forum but couldn't seem to find an answer to my particular question...

We are booked for late seating traditional dining on our upcoming Mexican Riviera cruise on Ruby; do I need to let the maître d' know when we will be missing dinner in the MDR (to attend a show or have dinner in specialty restaurant instead, for example)? There are 3 of us (tentatively) reserved for a table of 8 and I don't want to inconvenience our tablemates if the protocol is to wait for everyone to arrive...thanks!

It isn't required to do so but it would be polite to do it. Otherwise, you may hold up everyone else because they assume that you are just late.

DON

We try to let the server know in advance if possible. Not needed but polite. We have dropped by the dining room during the day or shortly before dinner as well to let them know we won't be there that evening so they don't hold up service for our table mates. It just makes life easier for the wait staff.