Diamond Cocktail hour question

As one that doesn't carry cash onboard, but had wonderful service during happy hour at the bars, I tipped extra when I was actually purchasing a drink from the server. She definitely took care of us well the entire time. We never hesitated to take a drink or plate of appetizers out of the lounge for trivia in the Schooner. DL concierge didn't hassle us at all.

I was asking specifically about tipping with cash. I always tip via seapass and was curious if people use cash for drink tips.

I see a great many people tip the servers with cash for the complimentary drinks.

I was asking specifically about tipping with cash. I always tip via seapass and was curious if people use cash for drink tips.
At least in the DL I've never seen any way to tip except with cash. IME the DL has never taken my Sea Pass, so there is no receipt (even one showing $zero). MAYBE you could get a $zero receipt at a bar and add a Sea Pass tip to that, but I'm not sure. I have $1s etc in my room and stick some dollars in my pocket while changing from swimsuit to attire for the DL and dinner; that is the only time I carry cash on the ship. Sometimes I forget to pick up cash, so I take extra the next day since if you go to the same place you may have the same server.

We always take a cache of $1 & $2 bills for the complimentary drink times, in the DL and other bars. $1 for each drink and, as said above, the servers learn what we drink very quickly. After the second or third evening, no need to verbally order, just a wave or thumbs up works. We also give a larger farewell tip on the last evening to those who made a real impression with their efforts.

Edited by CapeCoralCruiser

We used to give our server in the DL/CL a 5.00 bill when we were served, usually

getting two drinks each before heading to dinner.

Now we tip 2 bucks each time we get our drinks, due to multiple servers in both

lounges, we don't always get the same server. I also tip cash for the voucher drinks

outside the lounge, since sometimes the bartender does not even run a receipt...so

there is nothing I can sign for to tip.

We take a pack of ones for each one week cruise.