Problems trying to reserve MTD online for A29 Harmony Cruise

Hi there. Frustrated and could use some assistance/experiences please.

I'm looking for some feedback, if possible, to see if anyone else is experiencing difficulties making My Time Dining reservations online on the RCL website for their cruise (Ideally those who are going on the April 29th to May 6th Eastern Caribbean cruise aboard the Harmony of the Seas)

I know times that this option is available vary from 120 days to 90 to 60 days out, but speaking with a Customer Service rep they told me that I should be able to make those reservations now and to speak with my travel Agent to look into things as I was booked as a Group reservation and that might be causing the problem. I have no idea how that would affect things at all, as I was told that my Travel Agent simply had a block of cabins booked for the same travel company at a set rate type thing and she said this should have NO bearing whatsoever re making reservations. (and she has us down as My Time Dining on our reservation)

So frustrating speaking with RCL and getting the run around and different answers,because when we went to our Travel Agent with this concern she waited and waited and finally spoke to a few people at RCL and said they could make the reservations by phone then later said there was a technical glitch and log in again in 72hrs and I could book MTD times then.

Of course I waited and tried and the same error message came up after going through some preliminary steps in the Cruise Planner which read, "Selection Not Available. My Time Dining has been booked for all days. Please go to Order History to modify your existing My Time Dining orders."

Problem is I haven't made any pre-existing MTD orders to modify!

I went back to Order History and it shows no orders (in calendar format) and I go through the exercise to try to book times again and get the same message and nothing accomplished.

I don't want this to become a post with many people chiming in that there is no need to reserve MTD times before a cruise. It may work for some people; it doesn't work for me as on my last cruise on Oasis I enjoyed having some structure to the time we were dining at and the knowledge that I had a time booked and it should be accommodated as best as possible. I know that many glitches can/do happen with not getting reserved times and some can just luck out and walk right in or have a small wait, but I don't want to take the chance IF I can help it by being pro-active ahead of time booking online.

Basically I will be speaking with my Travel Agent again but she will likely not be able to do anything; and again with RCL (hope for a good rep) and hope that they don't keep pushing this off as I want to get the opportunity to book as much as I can as early as I can.

If anyone is experiencing the same situation, could you please chime in? Maybe there are a few success stories/solution for my cruise April29-May6th on what appears like a beautiful ship that is having some teething problems perhaps?

Thanks

Unless you want to transfer the reservation back to RCI, there's really no reason you should talking to them - it's all between you and the TA. Any RCI CSR you talk to will likely tell you that and they typically can't help you if this is an IT glitch.

You could try to ask your TA to see if others in the group are having the same issue or it is simply just your booking. Otherwise, it will be up to the TA to fix this.

You should also ask this in the roll call thread for your sailing.

Good luck.

We had a slightly related problem with our reservation for an upcoming cruise on the Grandeur departing in four weeks. Although we had booked the cruise over a year ago and had printed confirmations for My Time dining from the cruise line and our travel agent, the web site and our cruise documents showed us as having Traditional Dining.

We contacted our travel agent (bricks and mortar location near our home) and asked for her help. It took her several telephone calls and 1.5 hours of her time, but she got Royal Caribbean to correct the cruise documents, correct the information on the website, and was able to make our My Time reservations for us while she was on the phone with Royal Caribbean.

Our reservation was not part of a group reservation. Our travel agent has assisted us with several issues - large and small - over the years and has always been able to resolve them to our satisfaction. Your travel agent should be able to do the same. Good luck, and enjoy your cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

Were you able to book your dining?

Click cruise planner tab, click "Get Started", at top go to "dining & beverage" the drop down box will list the specialty restaurants and My Time Dining.

Click MTD, choose day 1 and time, click next, click check out, fill out email info. Then repeat steps for day 2 and so on. I had to do one day at a time.

If someone knows how to choose the whole week, without "checking out" each time you book a day, please share the steps you took.

Thank you for the replies to my post.

I have gone through some worries about getting to reserve MTD and was/am frustrated still about the subterfuge in explanations with regards to what the problem was.

However, good news. I was able to book my times for the week online, but like many had to put in time for one day, log out and continue. It did give me a curious message to the effect that I check my onboard expense account and speak to my TA. I was surprised because I had already put in my credit card for my expense account as part of the Online Check in process previously and everything went through.

So I called RCL and was bounced around from dept to dept and finally submitted my times over the phone and he assured me that they were logged in/secured. He sent out a confirmation of them via email and they all look good. Fingers crossed!

I hope others don't continue to have problems. I know the ship may still be going through teething problems, but it is frustrating going through this.

Take care.

• 3 months later...

I just tried to do mine also. I booked Solarium Bistro 1st night then clicked on MTD...no option there to select dining times the only thing clickable was a warning that talked about speaking with your travel agent or otherwise prearrangeing dining times online but there was no link to do so?...I choose MTD but my hubby likes traditional so this reservation thing is a compromise...Im hopeful it will acheive what he likes which is the same table/wait staff every night.