Booking specialty resturants

cruisinmeme

We are sailing in a suite in April. We have the specialty resturant package. Not that it matters but we are platinum and would of gotten two meals each anyway.

My question is I have only one reservation I want to book ahead of time. We messed around last cruise and didn't get to go to hibachi. Do they still mail out the letter for you to contact concierge with needs,etc. I want to say we even got a call once with what we needed.

The cruise is paid in full and I did my online stuff. I think we are 100 days till sailing.

I thought I have read before the only way to get reservations for hibachi is thru concierge (before cruise)

Thanks in advance

We are sailing in a suite in April. We have the specialty resturant package. Not that it matters but we are platinum and would of gotten two meals each anyway.

My question is I have only one reservation I want to book ahead of time. We messed around last cruise and didn't get to go to hibachi. Do they still mail out the letter for you to contact concierge with needs,etc. I want to say we even got a call once with what we needed.

The cruise is paid in full and I did my online stuff. I think we are 100 days till sailing.

I thought I have read before the only way to get reservations for hibachi is thru concierge (before cruise)

Thanks in advance

DO NOT depend on the pre-concierge. At 100 days, exactly, go online and book your reservations. Once the restaurants sell out, even the pre-concierge or concierge won't get you a seat at the teppanyaki on small ships. Letters and luggage tags are sent out exactly 50 days prior to cruise (when all of the reservations are gone,,, even for the pre-concierge)

Edited by BirdTravels

DO NOT depend on the pre-concierge. At 100 days, exactly, go online and book your reservations. Once the restaurants sell out, even the pre-concierge or concierge won't get you a seat at the teppanyaki on small ships. Letters and luggage tags are sent out exactly 50 days prior to cruise (when all of the reservations are gone,,, even for the pre-concierge)

Thanks!! I will get right on it.

It is a done deal we are booked. Today (Friday) was actually the 100th day.

We always eat early so I will book all the other resturants once on board.

If you want to eat early, best to book them now. Those early times book fast.

On the smaller ships, we've always booked reservations through the concierge the morning of. We haven't always gotten the exact time we requested, but we always managed to get within a tolerable range. Teppanyaki was the only one we couldn't get the same day, but we were able to get it a different night. I got the impression from all of our concierges that they keep a number of reservations open for suite passengers to book same day. I haven't tried this on larger ships, which I avoid, but we're sailing in less than a month on Dawn with no reservations.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums