Post cruise 2nts FLL

kensington31

We are first time visiting this area and have 2 days spare post cruise.....we return to FLL after disembarkation and our return flight home is from Miami as this was the only direct rtn at time of booking.

So what can we do for 2 days? Not too keen on hiring a car to be honest.

Also am I right in thinking from MIA to Crowne plaza FLL it's best to use uber?

Thank you

We are first time visiting this area and have 2 days spare post cruise.....we return to FLL after disembarkation and our return flight home is from Miami as this was the only direct rtn at time of booking.

So what can we do for 2 days? Not too keen on hiring a car to be honest.

Also am I right in thinking from MIA to Crowne plaza FLL it's best to use uber?

Thank you

The Crowne Plaza is not a very good location with no car and there is not much near the hotel. The only redeeming thing is the Sun Trolley runs past it. If you use it you can get to the beach, Water Taxi and Las Olas Blvd.

http://www.suntrolley.com/las-olas-link-beach-link/

I'm confused on what ports and airports you are using. I think you are sailing in and out of fort lauderdale and flying in and out of the Miami airport. I would recommend spending the post cruise days in Miami. More to see and do. Recommend doing the hop on/hop off bus and a boat tour of the Everglades (either rent a car or find a tour that provides transportation)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Crowne Plaza is not a very good location with no car and there is not much near the hotel. The only redeeming thing is the Sun Trolley runs past it. If you use it you can get to the beach, Water Taxi and Las Olas Blvd.

http://www.suntrolley.com/las-olas-link-beach-link/

Mmm I thought I made a reasonable choice booking Crowne plaza😞 might need to reconsider

I'm confused on what ports and airports you are using. I think you are sailing in and out of fort lauderdale and flying in and out of the Miami airport. I would recommend spending the post cruise days in Miami. More to see and do. Recommend doing the hop on/hop off bus and a boat tour of the Everglades (either rent a car or find a tour that provides transportation)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you....Yes that's exactly what we are doing....we quite like the idea of visiting the everglades we have 3 days 2 nts to do something.

Thank you....Yes that's exactly what we are doing....we quite like the idea of visiting the everglades we have 3 days 2 nts to do something.

Don't cancel your reservation at Crowne Plaza yet. You might have a very good rate and we don't want to lose that. I would disagree that there is more to do in Miami and the hotel prices there are much higher.

If you want to take an Everglades tour then transportation will be a problem from the hotel, so I would suggest you do a post cruise excursion to the Everglades and have them drop you at FLL. From there you could catch a shuttle to an airport area hotel (which I think would include the Crowne Plaza).

What are your dates?

Don't cancel your reservation at Crowne Plaza yet. You might have a very good rate and we don't want to lose that. I would disagree that there is more to do in Miami and the hotel prices there are much higher.

If you want to take an Everglades tour then transportation will be a problem from the hotel, so I would suggest you do a post cruise excursion to the Everglades and have them drop you at FLL. From there you could catch a shuttle to an airport area hotel (which I think would include the Crowne Plaza).

What are your dates?

🤔 how about hyatt pier 66 is that in a better location? Dates are 8 to 10 march

�� how about hyatt pier 66 is that in a better location? Dates are 8 to 10 march

Hyatt Pier 66 is more of a resort and the prices are usually much higher. It is somewhat a better location, but I would choose Bahia Mar Doubletree over Pier 66. Both of them are a more "glamorous" location than Crowne Plaza, but is cost an issue with them? Neither one of them have an airport shuttle (should you do a post cruise excursion) so there is an extra cost just getting there and to FLL, although both are short taxi or Uber rides from Port Everglades.

Edited by Lido_Deck

You might also look into whether there is anything affordable in Lauderdale by the Sea. Kind of a small beach town feel, lots of walkable dining and entertainment. You could probably Uber there from the port. I'd look into a shuttle or car service from Lauderdale to the Miami airport (it's about 20-30 minutes, usually, but traffic-dependent).

You might also look into whether there is anything affordable in Lauderdale by the Sea. Kind of a small beach town feel, lots of walkable dining and entertainment. You could probably Uber there from the port. I'd look into a shuttle or car service from Lauderdale to the Miami airport (it's about 20-30 minutes, usually, but traffic-dependent).

Lauderdale by the Sea to MIA is 37 miles and well over 1 hour with traffic.

Lauderdale by the Sea to MIA is 37 miles and well over 1 hour with traffic.

They have 3 days with a late departure on the 3rd day so it wouldn't be that big of a deal getting to MIA.

I LOVE Lauderdale By the Sea, but, yes, it is a bit north of Ft Lauderdale. In LBTS you have the beach, pier, great restaurants, mom & pop shops in a wonderful throwback in time setting and you can walk everywhere.

Edited by Lido_Deck

They have 3 days with a late departure on the 3rd day so it wouldn't be that big of a deal getting to MIA.

I LOVE Lauderdale By the Sea, but, yes, it is a bit north of Ft Lauderdale. In LBTS you have the beach, pier, great restaurants, mom & pop shops in a wonderful throwback in time setting and you can walk everywhere.

I was actually replying to the other poster that commented that MIA is 20-30 minutes from there. NOT! :)

I love LBTS too, that's why I live there! ;)

Edited by brunello22

Hyatt Pier 66 is more of a resort and the prices are usually much higher. It is somewhat a better location, but I would choose Bahia Mar Doubletree over Pier 66. Both of them are a more "glamorous" location than Crowne Plaza, but is cost an issue with them? Neither one of them have an airport shuttle (should you do a post cruise excursion) so there is an extra cost just getting there and to FLL, although both are short taxi or Uber rides from Port Everglades.

Hyatt pier is coming up the best rate at the moment for our dates it's half what embassy would cost......but want to be able to visit shops etc pre cruise

Hyatt pier is coming up the best rate at the moment for our dates it's half what embassy would cost......but want to be able to visit shops etc pre cruise

Pier 66 has been sold and the uncertainty of what is going to happen to it is probably driving prices down. If your dates are for this March, 2017, then I don't think you will have any problems since that is only 60 days away and too soon for major changes to the property. You might want to have a back-up reservation that you can cancel on short notice just in case, though.

Shops are a little farther away from Pier 66 across the causeway, but the Sun Trolley can solve that minor problem. On the bright side you are closer to the beach.

Pelican Landing on the second floor of the Pier 66 marina office is one of my favorite places in all of Ft Lauderdale for happy hour or even lunch. If I have visitors from out of town and they wanted me to show them Ft Lauderdale I would take them to the beach and Pelican Landing.

http://www.bizjournals.com/southflorida/news/2016/12/07/blackstone-sells-fort-lauderdale-s-pier-66-hotel.html

Pier 66 has been sold and the uncertainty of what is going to happen to it is probably driving prices down. If your dates are for this March, 2017, then I don't think you will have any problems since that is only 60 days away and too soon for major changes to the property. You might want to have a back-up reservation that you can cancel on short notice just in case, though.

Shops are a little farther away from Pier 66 across the causeway, but the Sun Trolley can solve that minor problem. On the bright side you are closer to the beach.

Pelican Landing on the second floor of the Pier 66 marina office is one of my favorite places in all of Ft Lauderdale for happy hour or even lunch. If I have visitors from out of town and they wanted me to show them Ft Lauderdale I would take them to the beach and Pelican Landing.

http://www.bizjournals.com/southflorida/news/2016/12/07/blackstone-sells-fort-lauderdale-s-pier-66-hotel.html

Mmm decisions I think maybe go for embassy as location is better even though more expensive I don't want the hassle just incase we have a last minute change of plan

I tried booking Hyatt 66 yesterday for late April and it would not take it.

OP, if your coming all this way, there is no other place to stay than on the beach.

Why? Some people dislike sand and beaches.

My mom loves the ocean but hates spending any time on a beach . Me, I'm Meh either way.. I don't hate the beach , don't love it either ( unless it's HMC )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why? Some people dislike sand and beaches.

My mom loves the ocean but hates spending any time on a beach . Me, I'm Meh either way.. I don't hate the beach , don't love it either ( unless it's HMC )

We are not too fussed about being close to the beach we will have 10 days at sea :D lol

The beach is a better place to stay than State Road 84 and US 1.

Fort Laud. beach and Hollywood beach are better than HMC.

I disagree . Half Moon Cay has the prettiest beach I have ever seen , IMHO.

Mmm decisions I think maybe go for embassy as location is better even though more expensive I don't want the hassle just incase we have a last minute change of plan

If you can still get the good deal on Hyatt Pier 66 I would take that one. I just ran a faux booking for late May and didn't have any problems.