Dollar car hire from Miami cruise port?

028snowball

Hi all I am looking to hire a car preferably from dollar from Miami cruise port cruising with NCL I can only see selecting on dollar for airport pick up anyone used dollar recently do they provide a free shuttle to the airport to collect your vehicle

They have a N Miami Beach location and there's something on their website that indicates a cruise port pick up in Miami. You might want to reach out to them. There should be no drop off fee to other locations in Florida. So if NMB can pick you up, you can drive to the airport and what ever else you are planning on doing and then drop the car off at the airport when you leave.

There are no car rental offices at the port of Miami (POM). :(

National, Alamo & Thrifty offer free shuttles from their MIA airport location to POM.

Does Dollar have a downtown location? Even if they do not shuttle the cab ride will be much cheaper - $10-12 from downtown compared to $27 from the MIA airport.

There will be 10 of us hiring a mini van wondering is it possible for a ewe of us to get off the ship ahead of the others collect the car and pick up everyone else at the port I'd imagine getting a taxi to take 10 people to downtown Miami may be a problem

Ok ... so the only pick ups for mini vans is the airport so we are gonna have to possibly taxi if there is no shuttle anyone know how much approximately in a taxi and how far from the port terminal the airport? We are hiring one mini. Van that holds 12 and stuffing our lugguage in the unused seats etc

Ok ... so the only pick ups for mini vans is the airport so we are gonna have to possibly taxi if there is no shuttle anyone know how much approximately in a taxi and how far from the port terminal the airport? We are hiring one mini. Van that holds 12 and stuffing our lugguage in the unused seats etc

Sounds like a sardine can! :eek:

Taxi from POM to MIA is a flat rate fare of $27+tip (ignore the meter). The ride takes 15+ min depending upon traffic and day of the week. To taxi to MIA, get to the car rental center, rent the car and return to POM will take at least an hour.

Sounds like a sardine can! :eek:

Taxi from POM to MIA is a flat rate fare of $27+tip (ignore the meter). The ride takes 15+ min depending upon traffic and day of the week. To taxi to MIA, get to the car rental center, rent the car and return to POM will take at least an hour.

Great thanks for the reply yes I would expect it will take over an hourto collect the mini bus and yes it will be tight with lugguage but hopefully fine

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all I am looking to hire a car preferably from dollar from Miami cruise port cruising with NCL I can only see selecting on dollar for airport pick up anyone used dollar recently do they provide a free shuttle to the airport to collect your vehicle

259498b1bdf3f9667c4b3ae2e87501c6.jpg

This is from my print off as I have a van reserved from Port Everglades after our cruise. Read the pick up instructions part. It specifically states Port Everglades and there is no shuttle service to the airport. When I read your post it made me worry oh no but all should be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app