Blue Lagoon & the Escape

Heather1972

We did this excursion back in 2012. The times will be on your ticket of when to meet on the dock.

You are there from 12-7 and it is 5 hours in total, the boat ride over is about 40 minutes each way. If I remember correctly, they had a couple of times you could return from the island to the ship. We chose the latest time back as we were having so much fun. It was a great day!

We did this last summer when we were in Nassau on the Getaway. It was a kinda long commute over to the island. About 40-45 minutes over. It is a nice ride though. Tons of beautiful mansions and yachts. I can't remember how long we were exactly in port for Nassau. It was nice. A bit pricey, as we opted for the inflatables area. Loungers in the shade were tough to come by and I remember we had to wait in line for life jackets as those are required out in the water where the slides and bouncy things are. It was quite crowded. I think there was a Carnival ship there with us to. The meal was a decent typical beach BBQ.

We did this back in November. Boat ride was a little hairy getting there. The lagoon was very shallow, especially the farther from the pier you got. The was great for my 3 and 4 year old kids. Be prepared water activities and umbrellas are extra money.

It was worth it for us, a highlight for our cruise.

Not sure what we missed but we did this a few months ago and it was the worst excursion we have ever done. (We really do try to make the best of things and rarely complain). The boat ride there was amazing with all the mansions and yachts and the crystal clear shallow water but within 5 minutes of getting there we were bored. If you have small kids they might have fun on the inflatable toys but with us being 3 adults we just walked in the water a little and had a couple drinks and came back as soon as we could. Not sure your budget but if you are able to we would recommend the 1/2 day Atlantis water park. Kids or adults that was a great waterpark with a nice private beach.