where are the deals?

ginger123snaps

Man oh man...Ive been waiting for wave season to begin and so far i'm not excited about the deals overall! I used to get such good steals during this time of the season! Unless you are driving to port you are easily adding $2000 in airfare and hotel (5 of us) to the cost of the cruise. Might have to start looking at all inclusives. Any websites like cruise critic for all inclusive vacations?

Try looking at some awesome deals right now on Mediterrainian cruises, the dollar is so strong against the euro currently. We were looking at Carnival prices for spring break and wound up getting a better deal on r/t airfare to venice and a seven day cruise on MCL than r/t airfare to Miami and seven day cruise to those same old Caribbean ports.

Cruise critic is the sister website to trip advisor, which covers everything with land trips. Apple vacations and vacation express package charter flight/all inclusive stays together to offer good rates. Only downside is they run once a week each way so don't know what they have as a backup if a plane has mechanical issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have received a couple of decent offers in last week or so and looking at booking for Christmas cruise this year. The prices dont seem unreasonable to me right now depending on when you want to go (Christmas time always a little more than other times so I expect it) and the extra money you need to spend on airfare and hotels have nothing to do with the cruiseline cost. What time of year are you looking at?

Airfares are expensive anyway (for a family to fly) and we are very happy to be able to drive to the east coast ports easily. If you can get the airfare included and it is more cost effective for your family to fly to an AI, then you are right and probably need to start researching.

Man oh man...Ive been waiting for wave season to begin and so far i'm not excited about the deals overall! I used to get such good steals during this time of the season! Unless you are driving to port you are easily adding $2000 in airfare and hotel (5 of us) to the cost of the cruise. Might have to start looking at all inclusives. Any websites like cruise critic for all inclusive vacations?

I feel your pain, family of 5 here too. Funny how a hotel for 4 is say $100 and then try to find one that fits 5 and its $175. We figure even if we do a resort somewhere well still have to fly. So flying costs are a wash. The wife has looked at AI's and we come out about the same-ish price overall. I personally dont like staying in one location for my entire vacation anyways.