How long before land stops moving?

cloudninecat

I also experienced this after my first cruise this past October.

I didn't notice it until after we drove home from port, and I was sitting on the couch relaxing. I ended up taking another Dramamine, and going to bed early and woke up fine the next day. I also took regular doses since the day before the cruise as I am quite prone to motion sickness.

If you've been home since the 2nd and are still experiencing this feeling, it may be worth talking to your doctor to see if there is something else going on.

Edited by AndyT3

I am developing a cold so perhaps that is adding to it. I do have another cruise booked for the 14th of next month.

I loved it. Didn't have any problem at all with motion sickness but I feel like I might coming back on land. ;) My husband called me his sea baby. He said that I could literally detect the way the ship was going to rock and always walked straight. :)

I have experienced it after every cruise. Usually starts 2-3 days after returning and last for a few days. I don't like it, but find it helps to think of it as a reminder of being back on the ship (like my cruise was a week longer than I paid for :D )

I have heard that it can get worse with additional cruises... not sure about this but so far it hasn't deterred me. I too have heard that taking some more motion sickness meds can help, though I haven't felt the need to try as the "rocking" hasn't hurt my tummy like the actual ship can.

Hope you feel better soon

I think my first cruise was a good 2 weeks after but we were really rocking and rolling the last day and night. I didn't have it at all my second cruise.

We had some pretty rough seas all but the last two nights. That's why my husband laughed so much about me being able to anticipate how the ship would move as everyone else was hanging on to the walls.

I got off our first cruise on the 2nd. We did a B2B so we were onboard for 9 days. I'm still having incidents were land seems to be moving/rocking. How long does this usually last?

This has happened to me on a previous cruise and after seeing the doctor on day 6! following disembarkation he told me to continue taking travel sickness tabe for a couple of days. This helped immensely.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Forums mobile app

I experience this after every cruise. I take meclazine for a few days until my equilibrium is back to land mode!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have some left that the doctor prescribed pre cruise. I might try that. Coupled with the cold it is not a very pleasant feeling. Leave it to me to get land sickness. :eek:

It's not a very fun experience, especially as I get motion sickness.

I remember feeling so crappy that I swore I would never cruise again if this is how I would feel when getting back off the ship. Clearly, that was a lie as I felt fine the next day and decided it was worth it!

I forgot all about that! My daughter and I both experienced it after our first cruise only, and we both kind of liked the feeling because it only happened a few times a day, slightly dizzy feeling combined with almost stepping in the wrong direction is the way I remember it. I think it almost went away after three days, then a couple more times over the week.

We have some left that the doctor prescribed pre cruise. I might try that. Coupled with the cold it is not a very pleasant feeling. Leave it to me to get land sickness. :eek:

I get this after every cruise. Once it lasted for almost a month before it went away! On cruises since that time, I take gravol before bed the first night after the cruise and it goes right away thankfully. I've alway felt it was odd that motion on the ship doesn't bother me, but being on land afterwards does!

I guess I'm not so weird. It sounds like a common issue. I sometimes get it after a cruise, but not always. The worst I feel it is at night while sleeping, I wake up to the feeling that the bed is moving. It usually goes away after a few days. Like others, I do not get motion sickness while at sea.

My first cruise it was about 3 1/2 weeks later before I wasn't feeling that way and noticing it all the time and about a month and a half before it totally went away. Amazingly I went on a second cruise and the time it took to feel normal again was about half that and on my third cruise it was just a couple of days.

I guess I'm not so weird. It sounds like a common issue. I sometimes get it after a cruise, but not always. The worst I feel it is at night while sleeping, I wake up to the feeling that the bed is moving. It usually goes away after a few days. Like others, I do not get motion sickness while at sea.

This is exactly what happens to me! I don't get it after every cruise, but it's usually when the ship had a lot of movement.