Victor's Monkey Business

cruisergrandma

We have booked with Bodden Tours for our port in Roatan. I am thinking about adding Victor's Monkey Business to our tour. We will be traveling with our 9 & 10 year old granddaughters and am I wondering if the monkeys bite? Can someone please share their experience?

I have been a couple of times and have never heard of the monkeys biting and I enjoyed it quite a bit but if you are afraid of a monkey jumping on your head you might want to wait outside the cage.

Any idea where Victor's monkey business is or how far from West Bay beach? We were going to stop by Victor's on way back to cruise port (Coxen Hole) but also thinking about Daniel Johnson's monkey and sloth place -- which is 24 minute drive past Coxen Hole. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

We stopped by Victor Bodden's Monkey Business on the way to West Bay. Monkeys were very gentle and amusing. There were also large Macaw birds that sat on our heads. For the birds, you have to be very still, if you move and they feel like they are losing balance they will try to hold on tighter. Here's a video of us with the monkeys. and another video of snorkeling in the Blue Channel -- we took a small boat (Queen of the Sea) from in front of Infinity Bay Resort (by the pier). Their guide swam with us and we had a great time.

Video of Monkeys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQpJCmTDQKg&feature=youtu.be

Video of snorkeling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox9m3f1Aegk

We went with Bodden several years ago and did their zip lining and the monkeys and yes THEY CAN AND DO BITE! One of them attacked my daughter (who was 3 at the time) and they had to get it off of her. We rushed her out of there and it tried again and the guy in there was trying to block the monkey and shoo it away for us to get out. So, although they are caged, and use to people, they are still wild animals and can bite. She wasn't doing anything but standing there when this happened. They were climbing all over us, but didn't go to her for some reason...until this happened with one monkey. It made her afraid of monkeys for quite some time. She has recovered from it (lol) and is no longer afraid to hold them again and has done so many times in other ports (she is now 8 years old). Do you hear it happening often? Probably not, but it can happen.

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned. Been there a few times and they are, for the most part, gentle.

BUT...they can bite. I felt teeth kind of numming on my arm and I said NO! He stopped.

The most shocking part is the head jumping when not expected. I find that pleasing, though.

That being said, one of them DID punch my husband in the eye. He was outside looking into the cage and got close and this little fist popped out and clocked him. I was sick from laughter. I'm actually laughing out loud now.

We went with Bodden several years ago and did their zip lining and the monkeys and yes THEY CAN AND DO BITE! One of them attacked my daughter (who was 3 at the time) and they had to get it off of her.

Do you think it was because she was small? I'm thinking maybe they pick on small children as part of their nature of dominance? I'm thinking my toddler would be safe if I hold him.

• 2 weeks later...
We just returned. Been there a few times and they are, for the most part, gentle.

BUT...they can bite. I felt teeth kind of numming on my arm and I said NO! He stopped.

The most shocking part is the head jumping when not expected. I find that pleasing, though.

That being said, one of them DID punch my husband in the eye. He was outside looking into the cage and got close and this little fist popped out and clocked him. I was sick from laughter. I'm actually laughing out loud now.

This was the funniest thing I have read in a long time!! Here I am at work, laughing out loud just picturing this whole situation. I'm sure my coworkers think I am crazy. Thank you for laugh!!