Carnival Miracle Cooking Demo

rstunger

Thank you for confirming that the Miracle does have the demo. You are absolutely correct about getting there early. We showed up 5 minutes before it was supposed to start on the Breeze, and it was full. :(

This looks like something we would like to do. Don't remember seeing it before. Going to check it out, Going on the miracle again in Apr, Going to put it on the list of most.

You'll be served a small cup of cream of mushroom soup, a portion of a chicken breast with mac and cheese and a sample size tiramisu. The menu has been the same for 5 years but we never miss it on the Mexican Riviera run. Have fun.

We are going on the Miracle in March and I can't wait! I will be there 40 minutes early!

Sent from my LG-H810 using Forums mobile app

FYI, if you are running late no worries. On the Miracle the upper level of the steakhouse is used for overflow and there is seating overlooking the demonstration and the service staff serve you on that level as well. We prefer sitting up there in fact.

Edited by sanmarcosman

You'll be served a small cup of cream of mushroom soup, a portion of a chicken breast with mac and cheese and a sample size tiramisu. The menu has been the same for 5 years but we never miss it on the Mexican Riviera run. Have fun.

Wonder why they dont change the menu. Would think the chefs would get bored with same old.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been on the Miracle a number of times but never have done the Cooking Demo.

It's free, correct?

Is it worth it?

Keep in mind that I am a foodie (but am not a good cook) and I love shows like Top Chef (so I can live vicariously through them).

Wonder why they dont change the menu. Would think the chefs would get bored with same old.

It's easy to do the same things over and over. Easy to plan, easy to cook. Also the steakhouse isn't that large. We don't go because we've done it several times.

If you're on a Journeys cruises be on the look out for itin specific food demos. On the Miracle MR Journeys cruise they did a Mexican cooking demo. Down in the comedy lounge, at sailaway, hours after a storm. People turning green ( not many had their sea legs yet), excellent food, was even able to recreate two of the dishes at home. They've kept some of the recipes on the 7 day menu rotation.

I've been on the Miracle a number of times but never have done the Cooking Demo.

It's free, correct?

Is it worth it?

Keep in mind that I am a foodie (but am not a good cook) and I love shows like Top Chef (so I can live vicariously through them).

Yes, included in your cruise fare.

It's easy to do the same things over and over. Easy to plan, easy to cook. Also the steakhouse isn't that large. We don't go because we've done it several times.

If you're on a Journeys cruises be on the look out for itin specific food demos. On the Miracle MR Journeys cruise they did a Mexican cooking demo. Down in the comedy lounge, at sailaway, hours after a storm. People turning green ( not many had their sea legs yet), excellent food, was even able to recreate two of the dishes at home. They've kept some of the recipes on the 7 day menu rotation.

Great will ask the Feisty one to save us two seats in Sept:)

I was under the mistaken impression for a long time they demonstrate food cooked in the steakhouse. It's MDR food.

The normal food demo is steakhouse food. On some Journey's cruisers they're demo-ing food that will be in the MDR rotation later in the cruise. It was fun to see the same dish on a later cruise. Obviously it got good feedback.

Edited by SadieN

Done it 3-4 times on different ship and they always said it was steakhouse food.

Who told you it was not?

The normal food demo is steakhouse food. On some Journey's cruisers they're demo-ing food that will be in the MDR rotation later in the cruise. It was fun to see the same dish on a later cruise. Obviously it got good feedback.

Beef stroganoff is not in the steakhouse nor was the chicken dish they made. Caesar salad in the Steakhouse is served w/o being chopped up but in full leaves. In the demo it's like in the MDR.

Beef stroganoff is not in the steakhouse nor was the chicken dish they made. Caesar salad in the Steakhouse is served w/o being chopped up but in full leaves. In the demo it's like in the MDR.

Yes and they don't serve cream of mushroom soup and mac and cheese in the steakhouse either and those are still presented at the demonstration. The steakhouse is just the venue where the cooking demo takes place and I've never heard the staff announce that what they are cooking is on the menu in the steakhouse.