Port Canaveral back 2 back cruise

Suki1527

Hello All,

We are cruising NCL Epic on 2 week back 2 back from Port Canaveral. This means we're in Port Canaveral for the crossover day (Saturday) in between from 8am till 4pm but all aboard is 2pm according to Maritime law on their site. We are a party of 8 adults. We are booked on the Kennedy Space Trip the final Saturday of cruise before being dropped back at airport so

My Question is;

What can we do on this Saturday for a short time 2-4 hours? Any suggestions? We don't wanna risk going too far in case we don't get back to ship. We don't wanna hire a car either. Are there any shops etc in walking distance or buses? All ideas welcome.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was there a few weeks ago in a similar situation. There were 8 ships in port, hence very busy with long traffic jams as you can imagine. Not a whole lot to do apart from a taxi to Fort Lauderdale - though not much there either....

If the OP takes a taxi to Fort Lauderdale, they will never make their cruise! LOL...thinking this is a typo.

OP, we just did a b2b on the Epic and traffic in and out of the port is horrendous. We stayed on the ship.

Definitely no shops or anything walking distance.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

We are doing the same thing in February. However, my DH will be on the cruise the first week and then he has to head home (he is driving). I was thinking of having him drop me off at Cocoa Beach and then take a cab back to the ship (weather permitting). Sounds like this is not a good idea. I can go with the flow but with being shut out of my old room and not able to get into my new room for several hours (had to have different cabins), I doubt anything much is open on the ship, where can I hang out?

We are doing the same thing in February. However, my DH will be on the cruise the first week and then he has to head home (he is driving). I was thinking of having him drop me off at Cocoa Beach and then take a cab back to the ship (weather permitting). Sounds like this is not a good idea. I can go with the flow but with being shut out of my old room and not able to get into my new room for several hours (had to have different cabins), I doubt anything much is open on the ship, where can I hang out?

Actually we changed cabins and we were told we could go to our new cabin right after we got back on the ship. We did and our luggage came shorty after, was able to get everything put away quickly.

Our new cabin steward said we couldn't go in the room but I told him what we were told in transition and he said...oh, ok...he was NOT a very good steward at all.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

There's some shops and restaurants over by terminal one which you may want to try. I'm not sure if there's any kind of transportation to get your round the port Getting an early start and having lunch in cocoa Beach is an option but you'll be returning with all the cruises trying to get to their ships. Don't miss your ship.

By the way, the Kennedy space Center tour is great. We took the tour on the way to the airport last April had a great time.

By the way please don't go to Fort Lauderdale, you won't get back until the next day.

Edited by BirdTravels