Walking from Puerto maya pier

gmachar

We booked a catamaran excursion with shore excursions for an upcoming cruise. The meeting directions say to meet in front of palapita/blue south restaurant across from villa blanca hotel - a 20 minute walk or 3 min cab ride.

Is anyone familiar with the area? Don't mind a walk if it's safe (and really 20 minutes, not an hour!) otherwise will just plan to cab it!

Thanks,

Charlene

It is screaming hot and humid in Cozumel....that would be a long walk on broken sidewalk with little shade. Take a taxi, its cheap.

It is perfectly safe to walk in Cozumel, only taxi drivers will stop and ask you if you want a ride. It is just really hot and humid and most people don't realize it until they walk a block or two.

It is screaming hot and humid in Cozumel....that would be a long walk on broken sidewalk with little shade. Take a taxi, its cheap.

It is perfectly safe to walk in Cozumel, only taxi drivers will stop and ask you if you want a ride. It is just really hot and humid and most people don't realize it until they walk a block or two.

It isn't that far from International and I don't recall the sidewalk being that broken along that stretch as long as you keep ocean side of the road. Haven't walked Puerta Maya to international.

However OP, your call on the heat, but I wouldn't have any worries safetywise. You can do a "virtual" walk on google maps the whole way.

Just walked downtown from the International pier last week and sidewalk is wide and smooth ... no worries at all. We snagged a $1 DosXX as we left the port shops and sipped it along the way ... A Cozumel tourist guy at a kiosk we passed on the street told me I could have bought a 6 pack for $3 at any tienda ... :D